Error when creating proposal or creating customer order after upgrade to 12.0.4

I upgraded from version 8 to 12.0.4 last week.
When I create a proposal or customer order, I get an empty screen after pressing the create button.

Please advice what to do…

Hi,

Empty screen means PHP error => Check your hosting logs.

Hi, is there a different option if I cannot these logs?

No,

Where dolibarr is installed?

it’s installed at a hosting company for which I don’t have access to the hosting logs

I found out what is causing the issue:

the function “dol_banner_tab” in card.php is causing the php page to stop loading.
If I disable this function, the page works like a charm.

Can you tell me what this function does and if it’s needed in the page?

regards,
Patrick

Hi, @patrick1
You can add a line in .htaccess file in htdocs folder (Dolibarr root) in order to display php errors
php_value display_errors On

If .htaccess file does not exist, you will have to create it with this line.
Be careful, the name and extension of the file are exactly .htaccess nothing else.
You have to update it only via a pure text notepad as Notepad++ for example (not word and so on…).

Send it via FTP to you server at the right place.

Reload you blank page and you will see the php error which will be a bit clearer to understand on the forum.

I found some extra information in the log-files.
I see the following:

14.01.2021 22:43:46 [client 2a02:a454:6500::] AH01215: PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web314/e2/89/52459989/htdocs/cgi-data/finance/comm/propal/card.php:68) in /mnt/web314/e2/89/52459989/htdocs/cgi-data/finance/main.inc.php on line 1116: /home/strato/http/premium/rid/99/89/52459989/htdocs/cgi-data/finance/comm/propal/card.php

any idea how to fix this?

regards
Patrick