How to add a STATUS in addition to OPEN and CLOSE?

Dear all,

I wish I find you well, being confined or not.
I am a newbee on Dolibarr and I find it very user-friendly.

Therefore, I think, for my specific usage, that having an OPEN or CLOSE status is a limit.

As a matter of fact, I use Dolibarr for my sales dept and we manage potential opportunities, current proposals but also contracts in operation.

I have assumed that my current opportunities and current proposals are OPEN
I have assumed that the prospects I don’t know yet and my lost proposals are CLOSE

But then, I miss a classification for the proposals I won (my current clients) as, for sure they are closed but until I have to create a new proposal (for contract renewal for example), I don’t want them to be OPEN or CLOSE.

Any idea of adding a STATUS (both in CLIENTS and PROJECTS) ?

Regards,
Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I miss your questioning here. If you consider a thirdparty as a pospect, it should remain opened, closing meaning no more hope… He can be associated to a project that offer various indicators (status, priority, lead probability, …) offering you a wealth of sorting criteria to measure how much to invest efforts on each of them.

Doesn’t this respond to your need ?

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Well, using various indicators is indeed the solution I found.

The purpose of my question was to increase the visibility of the status (that are limited today to a green dot or no dot).

For me :
OPEN would mean, I have initiated a relation with a prospect or client
CLOSE would mean lost, no more hope etc
But what about those I have never met ? I can’t list them as OPEN because I did not start any action…

In the meantime, I have created my own list of status but I miss the dots :slight_smile:

Hi Pascal,

In the prospect/customer card, you have 2 more fields : Prospect potential (None/low/medium/high), Prospect status (from never contacted to contact done). Furthermore you can define categories that can be used to filter lists.

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Yes I have found them this morning.
This is ok now.

Thank you for your comments !