Product Kits

We sell single products and standard kits, composed by several products.
There is any function or modules that would allow in creating an offer, select as Item the Kit and automatically show all his components and related prices?
If possible, in case one of the feature of the single product part of the kit change, like price, would this change automatically the kit features?.

I make an example:
We sell photovoltaic system and components. Thus we can sell 1 single polycrystalline modules, 3 KWp inverter etc… or we can sell a KIT called 3KPV, in which you have 12 polycrystalline modules, 3 KWp inverter, cabling and other components. for a total amount of X.
Or 5 KPV, in which we have 20 polycrystalline modules, 5 KWp inverter, cabling etc… for a total amount of Y.
and many others.
What I’m trying to achieve, is rather listing in each offer for the kits all single line, to be able in generating an offer, select the related kit and have listed all components with correct pricing. Is it possible?

Any suggest? :unhappy:

hello, are you using the “virtual product” functionality ?

Thanks Alatof for your reply.
If as Virtual products you mean sub products option, Yes I did, but is meant for Warehouse mainly while my issue is on price. I need to be able to make a quote of a virtual product just selecting it (Photovoltaic Kit in our case with 32 sub products in average) rather than selecting each product each time. Please consider we make hundreds of quotes weekly. With sub products I was not able to have such functionality, select a Virtual product (or a kit as you want to call it) and get the full quote with all lines.
While if with Virtual Product you refer to something else, please let me know how to reach it and I will be more than glad to test.

by virtual products, i was talking about a tab on the product card; i think we speak about the same thing.
and you are right, your need is not covered by dolibarr for the moment.
if you want, i can develop a small module to do it, but i need to be sure of your needs : you select a kit and it fills the lines with the kit components, right ?

I need to be able in a sales offer (or quotation), select the kit, select the discount and have all sub component listed in the offer with related price and discount.
I make an example:

In the offer I should select 3 KWp Kit with discount 10%, and in the offer should be listed all subcompnent with price and 10% discount:

Offer 3KW Kit
- 12 PV Modules - price 100 discount 10%
- Inverter price 50 discount 10%
- Rack price 30 discount 10%

Total Price 180, discount 10% Total Discounted = 162

It works in this way with Warehouse already, with Virtual (or sub products how you want to call them) I just need it to work in this way for quotation. Being able to define in product a KIT.

Regards,
Vincenzo

Hi Velectro,
Did you find a resolution to this?
I am currently going through the process of testing Dolibarr and for what I’m trying to achieve this is a ‘must have’ functionality.

I would really appreciate if you could share your solution

Hi altatof,

“by virtual products, i was talking about a tab on the product card”

I do not have this ‘virtual product’ tab on any of my product cards. I am using the latest version 5.0.3

Does this have to be enabled in one of the php files?

Hi altatof,
It’s ok I found it.
There is a small icon to the right of the on/off button for the Product module, I clicked on that and I then enabled virtual products.

Hello Altatof, I need to be able to build a virtual product. But I don’t know how to do that in Dollibar, I will appreciate any help.

hello, i suggest you to google dolibarr “virtual product” and you will find lot of informations :wink: