Pypi module for API integration

Hello all, I am moving from another open “core” ERP system that shall not be named…and I am excited about Dolibarr! I am also a big Django fan and I’ve been using it for everything customer facing lately. So now I am going to create an open source pypi project on github here: https://github.com/wtfbrb/dolibarr

Once I get far enough I will upload to pypi. The goal of this is to go object by object in the API and create easy to use wrapper functions. I have just started this today, but I have several of them done in bare bone fashion in another code base. Feel free to fork and help here are the first objects my team will be integrating:

thirdparties
products
orders
invoices
contracts

what happed? I am about to do something similar when I came across this. I was looking to do a Quickbook sync, and rather do it in Python than PHP as I have already done part of the PHP one but need to run some workflows on python.

This may be an interesting tool.
If you need help or have question, just ask me at eldy@destailleur.fr

I’ve got a good start on a wrapper class that I’m using. It’s far from robust at the moment, but I’m willing to opensource everything I have.

I haven’t created a pypi module before, but I have attached the structure of the wrapper class I’ve got started. You can see my focus has been on the order/shipment/third parties. I’m currently passing objects for speed but those can quickly be changed out for dictionaries once I get closer to complete. It seems your focus is accounting, that means we can get a lot of coverage on this fast :sunglasses: I’ll look into creating a pypi module now, but I got a few things going on right now so below is nuts and bolts of the classes in case I get pulled away again.

WIP but I got in pypi and gitlab repository. Please join both and I’ll give access :happy:

watch this wonderful tool