Value transfer using MO

Hello,

I have just started using MO module for production. I only manufacture simple parts so the basic functionality is fine for me :slight_smile:

One issue i did notice is that the value of the stock is not transferred to the new product.

For this example i purchase from the supplier a piece of material 100cm for £2.

I have a BOM to create 1 smaller piece (10cm) from 0.1 of the original part.

I made the MO to create 10x of the smaller part, using 1x of the original part.

All of the quantities moved correctly (consumed 1x part and created 10x new part) and the average cost of the original part stayed the same (i.e it was not consumed for free)

But the value of the new part i would expect to be £0.20 but it is £0.00.

Did i miss a step, or is this functionality not yet established?

Ok, i found a workaround for this, to ‘correct stock’ at the correct value into stock (based on the manually calculated value) and ‘remove’ stock at the zero value.

A bit of a nuisance to do manually, hope there is an automatic way somehow :wink:

When you say the “the value of the new part”, do you speak about the Average weighted price of product ?

Yes, exactly that!

When making the MO there is no cost / weighted price against the manufactured part

Hello,

The value of the new part should reflect the price of the product you used.
For example you can buy the raw material 100cm for 2£ on week 1
but on week 2 you may buy it for 3£
so the piece of raw material price in your product created will be also variable.
Should it be done globally with AWP of the raw material
or done “per production” and you can choose which price of raw material you wish to use ?

Also what seems to be missing if the price of you “workforce” if you spent 10 minutes to make your 0,1cm product, and used a machine that you rent for example 30£ per hour of use, it will make your cost vary a lot. Is there something done to manage the labour and machine costs in the final product created ?

In my case, i use a batch number for every part, and when making the MO i was choosing the batch to use. (its a shame there was not a drop-down to choose those available but hopefully that feature will be available in the future :slight_smile: )

I think labour costs can be counted, there is a function in the setup of the BOM to add the hours spent