Ask yourself and think...

99% of the serious companies wich I am dealing with (buying/selling) are using batch or serial numbers and expiry dates on their’s :
Supplier’s orders
Stock’s movements
Delivery receipts to customers
(maybe not on invoices but it is not necessary, there)

The last percent being really poor level resellers, very small supplier, smugglers…
not caring about what they sell to who…

And YOU where do you think you are with Dolibarr ?

And do you think that “speaking” at least about it would be a good idea to integrate to Dolibarr ?

Hi HubZ,

What’s the point of your post ? You’re using Dolibarr for a long time ago so you should know about the developer’s politic.

Dolibarr is lasting for around 10 years with still unfinished basic features and many bugs on each release. When the last ‘stable’ version becomes finally quite stable further to several updates so we get back in the bugs with the next said stable upgrade. So if we want to keep an up to date version this is actually a lot of time consumed in maintenance, backups, living with bugs, migrations and almost impossible to be achieved by any user without some knowledge in PHP, database and server administration… that’s often a problem for the targeted users as small companies…

Anyway, this being said, we stick on this tool because we are fine with the existing features (and we’ve improved the unfinished ones by ourself, not talking about new features, talking about existing one but actually useless as is).

What I don’t understand is why do you want so hard to stick on using Dolibarr as the features you describe are obviously not embedded and as it looks like developers have no will to work on that.

When a tool is not suited for your need… you drop it and use another one, or you make your own tool, but it doesn’t make much sense to complain like that on all of the forums.

So perhaps I could return the question: ask yourself and think !

Regards.

You may be right, but no one took a second to answer it like you did, I really thank you to have lost your time to answer me, instead of keeping up-to-date with existing bugs.

I would just say I’m disappointed in the tool and its way of evolving.
As you said it is a DEVelopper’s tool, and it will remain the TOY of the developpers…
There is no hierarchical roadmap open to “real” users, except the poor useless Doliforge when it is not allowed to have any feedbacks, and the forum, where guys speaking PHP answer guys speaking like screen, mouse & keyboards…

I mean “real” users are companies dealing with products, having customers, and having someone in charge of the software to ask questions about development.

Dolibarr is a great tool, really, but when it says it is fully customizable and will evolve greatly and fastly it is a pure lie, that I wanted to complain about on the forum. This is the point of my topic, if you really want to know why.

I will start looking for a tool which can do this, and drop Dolibarr, like many real companies did, if it finally can’t, or if I finally can’t afford a developper to develop this function, or if it can’t be a native function (and one more point : who answers about integration in the core ?) !

Thanks again !

Hello HubZ,

Actually I do agree with you…

So yeah… Dolibarr is not perfect, but it exists and some people are working for free to supply this software which allow individual or small companies to make some purchasing orders and to invoice clients… don’t wait for much more.

If you want a developer to encode what you need… be ready to pay and later soon to pay more for not being stuck for years with the same core version !

Just to say that complaining on the forum won’t be of any help and if you want more features so you’d rather buy a license for a real ERP (for sure Dolibarr is far away from being a real ERP)… or pay some services to companies who will setup for instance OpenERP for you…

There was a good start on the French forum http://www.dolibarr.fr/forum/15-retours-dexperiences-utilisateursintegrateurs/45903-gestion-des-evolutions-de-dolibarr#45932 but unfortunately no further development… I assume someone asked them to keep quiet… what they did obviously as good soldiers do !

No time wasted talking to you, I share most of your points, but experience shows that the top team is not open to review the roadmap… that’s more of a “take it or leave it” or buy modules…

You’re not alone being disappointed… but we are just small users, who are we to make it change ?

Have a good day.

may i say that i have many customers using dolibarr and very satisfied with it ?

of course they pay for support, assistance and module development, and they are happy to pay bacause it costs much lesser than other software…

and they also ask us to integrate bug fixes and some modules (local taxes, margin management) into the core of dolibarr so the software becomes better.

for my part, i think it’s a good business model for dolibarr.

so ask yourself and think :wink:

Thanks Humphrey for your honest answer :wink:

Yes, who are we to ask useful changes ?
or feedback from top team ?
> NO customer, NO king :wink: ahaha !

Maybe the Top-team knows that the part of users on the forum is ridiculous and always the ones asking some developements

example here :

He’s asking :
have you ever seen CRM without e-mail integrated ?
Have you ever seen ERP without transport costs integrated ?

We never HAVE AN ANSWER !
or at least HAVE A QUOTE
for the whole community, even if it is an over-priced quote, readers on the forum can know what it costs and where to pay for getting it !

When this guy asks for e-mail in the CRM dolibarr, they should consult each other (top devs and partners)
and say “ok we can do it together for 6 000€”
as it is too expensive a single user, they create a crowdfunding where money goes to the association, where the association dispatches the money to devs, corresponding to the lines of codes, functions, or anything else they wrote…
They could send e-mails to all their customers and propose the crowdfunding on sites dedicated to this.
Once the sum is reached, or is enough to start the dev, let’s go !

But i assume it’s better, to keep bad black sheeps without any answer the forum

I think one-day in the upper-let-corner a big “BETA” on the logo will appear…