Dolibarr is working without documents

Hello.
I am moving my dolibarr from an old PC to my new PC with Ubuntu server 14.04.
Dolibarr is in the Ubuntu repositories. So, the installation has been easy and simple.
In the new PC has appeared three new folders:

/usr/share/dolibarr/ (there is htdocs folder among other things)
/var/lib/dolibarr/ (there is just the documents folder)
/etc/dolibarr/ (there is conf.php)

I have imported the old database in the new PC without problems, too.
Dolibarr is working correctly in the new PC with the same information than the old PC.
But I only have a problem: I can’t see the documents. Don’t appears any link to a pdf. I can’t access to receipts, offers, orders, etc…

I have checked these points:

The folder /var/lib/dolibarr/documents contain the real documentation (there is the pdf’s about receipts, offers, orders, etc…)

Analising the conf.php file appears:
$dolibarr_main_data_root=’/var/lib/dolibarr/documents’;
So, in my opinion, the conf.php is correct.

Can you help me? Any suggestion?

check please that your webserver user can access document folder. If needed chown this directory

Thank you Sieks to your answer.
I am a basic level user of linux. Could you said me how can I do this verification?

you can read about chown in this link

In your case comand would be:

I have applied your command and I can see the documents in my Dolibarr.
Honestly: I don’t understand the meaning of www-data but it works :happy:

But a new problem has appeared:

When I try to do a new order, after insert the first line about the product, I press Add and all the screen go to white (full screen in white). And when I press the back button in my browser I can see that the new line have been added correctly. This white screen appears every time that I try to add or modify anything.

Could be a problem that the conf.php file appears inside /etc/dolibarr/ instead of /usr/share/dolibarr/?

Command that I wrote add the permisson www-data user( in Ubuntu this user run Apache web server) and group acces to your document folder.

I don’t now, but maybe in your case help adding permissions to dolibarr directory

Hello.

Adding permissions to dolibarr directory didn’t resolve the problem.

Finally, the upgrade to the new dolibarr version solved my last problem.

Thank you for your help.

your welcome