[RELEASE] CustomFields module

UPDATE!

CustomFields v1.2.8b is out, it fixes a compatibility bug with the latest Dolibarr v3.2.0 beta and RC1.

This update should work just as before, saving your CustomFields data as before.

Wil this version also work in the final version of dolibarr 3.2.0. I am really looking for this.

Best regards
Edwin

Dolibarr v3.2.0 beta/RC is the same as Dolibarr v3.2.0 final, so yes, it works.

I am also developping a newer version of CustomFields with a lot more functionnalities, bugfixes and modules support.

It is currently being tested on the french Dolibarr board, I will release it here as soon as it is completed.

Also, the latest version of CustomFields will work for both Dolibarr v3.2.0 and v3.1.1.

NEWS: I updated the initial post on the frontpage of this thread, you can there download the latest v3 branch of CustomFields for both Dolibarr 3.1.1 and Dolibarr >= 3.2.0.

These versions are near final, so you can test them quite safely (I still wrote a notice because you still should backup your database before trying, but normally there shouldnā€™t be any problem, itā€™s already being used and tested on the french forums).

Hello

Just installed version modCustomFields_v1_3_0_31b to test and and also dolibarr_321_toaddhooks. After enabling module the setup->modules page goes blank. Deleting from the server and module setups are back.

This is a standard installation 3.2.0 logged in as superadmin the only other module is the multi-company one.

Regards
Paul

@toomanylogins: please try this newer version:

modCustomFields_v1_3_0_43b_7.zip (83.6 KB)

Along with the Dolibarr core files to modify (only if you want to support all modules, for invoices, propales and orders itā€™s already standard in Dolibarr):

dolibarr_321_toaddhooks_with_lines.zip (148 KB)

Please can you go to my post so that you can help me with some sot of information which is very important to me nowā€¦plz

What if I have my special needs in Dolibarr can you code for me in any bases of payments?

My concern is I have my client here in Tanzania sell Tractors and work with agents, those agents sells on behalf of the company and gets commission that in one thing.
and Those Tractor are serviced as a part of the contract for the 1st 1000 kms by the company. I need module that can manage 90% or 100% these requirements.

@nkaaya: I replied to you in your other thread:

www.dolibarr.org/t/contracts-management/8435/2

hello,

thank you for the update however just tried with the latest file modCustomFields_v1-3-0-43b-7 copied custom fields to htdocs and check permissions. The problem persists the setup -> Modules page is blank after copying custom fields. If you delete the folder modules page returns the list of modules as expected.

Regards
Paul

@toomanylogins: sorry but I really have no idea why this is happening.

If you agree to create for me a temporary superadmin account and an FTP access so that I can access the files, I can take a look and try to fix the problem.

(Since thereā€™s no private message feature on this forum, you can contact me at my mail:happy:
http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhide/d?k=01GZ465xAGD3iYJctswfJhqg==&c=Hbb30vgeDX9ABQVBv3x-Wa525q6OKq9AaBebFjdnXns=

OK Thanks will drop you a line when setup. Currently on intranet so no access.
Regards
Paul

To replicate the problem do as follows.

1. Clean install of 3.2.0
  2. copy customfields to htdocs and activate deactivate works ok
  3. create cusotm dir and edit conf.php
  4. copy joomla module to custom dir
  5. activate joomla module
  6. activate custom fields module

The modules page disappears. You have to delete the custom fields folder in order to get the module page back.

could this be a conflict between the joomla trigger and custom fields trigger ?

Regards

toomanylogins wrote:

Maybe (probably): another module (altacompta) has been reported incompatible with CustomFields because altacompta returned -1 in one of the triggers. Most probably the problem comes from the other module, but I can take a look if you send me the joomla module for Dolibarr (by mail) since I donā€™t have it. In this case, please also tell me which version of Joomla you are using.

Or if you can give me an access, this could be fasterā€¦

And normally I donā€™t do private support.

/EDIT: you can try to just rename or delete the customfields or the joomla trigger file to test if the problem comes from there.

Hello everyone

i have en error with this module, using Doliberr 3.2

this is the error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\htdocs\customfields\lib\customfields_aux.lib.php on line 70

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\htdocs\customfieldspdftest\class\actions_customfieldspdftest.class.php on line 99

the commande foreach() canā€™t runā€¦ what is the problem???

The bug encountered by toomanylogins is now fixed in the latest version, it was due to a weird bug that prevented an include of the customfields config file, and also a bug with older versions of php < 5.3 that doesnā€™t support very well variable typing in functions (normally array typing is supported since 5.1, but it seems that when it fails, it produces a weird bug).

@eleron: this is probably due to the fact that you didnā€™t create any customfield for the module youā€™re trying to generate a pdf for.

Just disable CustomFieldsPDFTest module (it isnā€™t needed, itā€™s only for debugging your customfields).

I also added a few more checks to avoid this kind of bug.

Thankyou for your help.
Regards
Paul

lrq3000 wrote:

A solution was found and the relicensing is currently taking place, amongst other bugfixes and new features implementations. A new version of CustomFields will be soon released to Dolistore.

hello, infact i didnā€™t have time to check the module. i have to learn it first. but my core problem with every version of dolibarr or new module that iā€™m adding is my many changes in my version that iā€™m using. so i just fited your module to my version just to make it work, and recive this error soā€¦i check if it was my fault. but i think itā€™s like a gift this module. thank you very much.