- Written by eldy
Few days ago, the Dolibarr foundation board team decided to abandon our current bug and request tracker to follow Dolibarr bugs and feature requests.
WHY A NEW TRACKING SYSTEM ?
Using the old tracker was just a pain for several reasons :
* When closing a bug, we had to close the bug manualy into the bug tracker. It wasn't done or when done, it was a lot of waste ot time. This is past, now closing a bug into github with "Closed #xxx" into the description of the change automatically close the bug.
* The id of bug reported into the comment of github was an id into another system. So switching to code from ticket or to ticket description from code was just awful. Now, one click is enough.
* The old tracker was not public and not visible. You had to create an account making the bug and feature tracker difficult to use for "quick report".
* Our old tracker had a very bad visibility. I hope this will change.
* Our old tracker was maintained by the Dolibarr foundation. This need a lot of time spent by the core team. Removing completely this tasks should provide more free time for us.
* Integration with IDE tools like eclipse was difficult. You may find plugins more easily with github.
WHAT ABOUT OLD TICKETS ?
* That is the negative point. But i think we must accept this to progress: Old tickets still opened, like closed one will just be forgotten. We will enter them back into new GitHub tracker day by day. Enjoy our new tracking system.
Who wil be the first to enter one issue ?