Cannot connect: "localhost refused to connect"

Hello

I haven’t used Dolibarr for a while and today when I try to connect, I get an error message: “localhost refused to connect.”
Why can’t I connect? What’s the problem?
Please help!

Rachel

1 Like

The database server is probably not launched.
Try to restart server or check menu to find an option to start mysql database.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply, but please can you explain? Where do I look for something to start mySQL? I’m not an expert and am using Dolibarr on a PC, there is no server, and all I had to do before was to click on the link in favourites to open up Dolibarr. Now when I click there, I just get a white page with this:

This site can’t be reached
localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost dolibarr index
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have tried downloading Dolibarr again, but both Norton Antivirus and Windows Defender don’t like the file and tell me to delete it.
Basically it looks like I’ve lost all the information I had in Dolibarr…
Rachel

Is no-one going to help me?
I thought Dolibarr was an excellent solution, but now I’m wondering what’s behind it…

How did you install it using Doliwamp or Xamp? Basically your problem is that the Webserver - Apache and MySQL services have not been started you need to start them

Thank you for your reply.
How do I do that? I never had that problem before…

Rachel, maybe you could hire someone from freelancer to let them help you out to have it installed?

Rachel,
You didn’t answer how you installed Dolibarr?

I downloaded the file from the internet and set it up on my PC. IT worked fine for months, but then I didn’t use it for a few months and now I can’t get back into it.
The replies that people have given me so far don’t make any sense to me, they may as well be written in Chinese…
All I want is to get back into Dolibarr, or at least get out the information I spent AGES putting in.
I was going to recommend Dolibarr to my company, but certainly won’t now, since it’s proven to be so unreliable and there’s no support!

What is the correct way to start MySQL server?
is it through cmd?
cd mysqld -u … -p …
What user should it be? Root? or the user you setup during install?

Ah I found Workbench, looks like it’s the GUI for MySQL. Playing around with it now.

Hi,

Depends how is installed DOlibarr.
COuld you tell us more where it is installed ?

THanks.

The error this site can’t be reached problem is usually generated mostly if you don’t have a connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be triggered by a dead DNS server response or a firewall blocking the Google Chrome from locating the network. DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:

Clear your browser cache.
Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
Check proxy settings.
Disable your firewall.

Dear All,

You could solve your issue by launching the Dolibarr server as administrator.
Go to your windows toolbar and search for “Start Doliwamp Server” click left and click on open the application directory.
Then click right on the "start doliwamp server " application and click on launch as administrator.

Launch after that the dolibarr ERP and it should work.

Thank you for your support

best regards