Login - Different Computer & Different Network

Hello,

I’m new with Dolibarr and I’m not an experienced user at all. I have two questions on regards of Dolibarr’s login but let me introduce my situation first.

I have a network in my office with 3 laptops and our main laptop is the one running Dolibarr. For that laptop I have no issues whatsoever to run and login in the system. The problems start when I try to login from a different laptop:

- I read here in the forum that for you to login from a different computer which runs Dolibarr you have to replace the word “localhost” for your computer’s current IP address. I did that hide[/hide] and did not succeed;

My questions are:

1. Do I need to do anything else on my secondary laptop to have access to Dolibarr (rather than just making that IP change)? Do I need to install the software or anything?
  2. What if I go to my home (different network) and want to have access to Dolibarr system from my primary, secondary or even a third laptop? Is it possible? If so, how?

Sorry for the questions but I really need to get that running. I’m afraid of my primary laptop crashing, for example, and I lose access to the system at all!

Thank you!

Hello

I think the only way to do it would be to make sure Dolibarr was installed on a server so it is accessible from any web browser.

Hi,

This is your external adress.
You should have an internal adress for your local network (something like 192.168.x.xxx)
COuld you chek the IP adress of your laptop where is installed dolibarr ?

1 Like

Firstly the web server that is running on your laptop must allow external access. Solve that first.

Then Dolibarr must have the ip of that laptop in its config setting: look up about how to move Dolibarr installation to another pc for details on changing that.

1 Like

No, you just to have a web browser and to know the server adress.

You can have a look to this page, only in French sorry.
https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/FAQ_Accéder_à_Dolibarr_à_distance ADMIN EDIT: English Translation

1 Like

Hi there,

How can I allow the external access you mentioned? As I mentioned, I am new to the whole system thing and not very familiar on how or what changes to make in order for this to work.

Thank you!

Firstly, you need to be clear that your request has little to do with Dolibarr.
Your problem is “how do I access a web server on my local network”.
Search for that, using the name of the web server you are using on your Dolibarr pc.

Secondly, why don’t you just use a real hosting service on the internet? What are you doing about backups?