multiple Stock correction possible

I am new to Dolibarr and want to implement it in my company as early as possible. Initially I am planing to enter all the products to stock. But I have some doubts in this regard.Please solve the following issues related to the same.

1. Is there any option in Dolibarr to enter multiple products and its quantity in to the stock at a time?
  2. In the Import option “Stock” term is missing. How I can include the missing term while importing?
  3. How can increase or decrease the stock of multiple products (say 100 products) at a time?

The import of product information is done in several imports as can be clearly seen on the list of imports datasets.

1. Products - list of products
  2. Vendor purchase prices
  3. Customer prices if using multiprices/price levels
  4. Translations of names and descriptions
  5. Stocks is a warehouse dataset

The example csv for each import shows the fields that are required. In the stable version, not all fields are included that you may use for manual product data input, so you will need to modify accordingly.

You need to build a products list in a spreadsheet with separate worksheets to match each dataset.

I recently improved this process in the development version, which may not be in the current stable version:
https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/pull/10261

Refer to the Wiki for more details on this.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I understood following points from your reply.Please correct me if I am wrong

1. The product information fully can’t be imported as a single import . Right?
  2. For importing full product information , I have to do each import one bye one for each parameter ,Right?
  3. Is there any way to include additional columns in format shown in the example csv.
  4. Can I change a stock value of an existing product by “import” operation?

I am using Dolibarr 8.0.3 , so hoping that its a stable version. As I said earlier ,I am totally new to Dolibarr .
I dont know how to add worksheets/Spreadsheets (If I made it )to my dolibarr ?Is it required a development version in the PC for doing all these?
Should I study PHP for this?

1. The product information fully can’t be imported as a single import . Right?
    Correct.

2. For importing full product information , I have to do each import one bye one for each parameter ,Right?
    The minimum you need to do is 1,2 and 5 in my previous list.
    If you want price levels you need 3.
    If you want translations you need 4.

3. Is there any way to include additional columns in format shown in the example csv.
    Yes. You can import any of the columns that are in that table.
    Rename your copy of
    htdocs/core/modules/modProduct.class.php
    and put mine from the Github pull request in its place.
    Compare the two. You will see the extra columns that have been added. Similarly you can add more. Use phpMyadmin to see the table structure/column names.

4. Can I change a stock value of an existing product by “import” operation?
    Yes. This is an update. When you import, on the final step you can choose a key (the product ref).

I dont know how to add worksheets/Spreadsheets.
Well you’ll have to learn.
I recommend using Libreoffice as you can be sure of avoiding encoding issues/always work in UTF-8.
Put all your product infromation in one worksheet. Then make other worksheets in the exact format of the example csv, one for each import dataset.
Then you export each worksheet to a CSV for Dolibarr to import.

While you are learning, it is FAR easier to manipulate files and compare things and use a php IDE LOCALLY, so yes, set up a development environment now.
You need to understand that when you have an instance of Dolibarr in production, you must NEVER apply changes or updates to it until those changes have been tested locally/on another instance.

Should I study PHP for this?
That will not do any harm, but it won’t tell you how Dolibarr works. I have been working with php for ten years with an ecommerce application, and now I am starting again with Dolibarr. It’s a constant learning curve.

1 Like

Thanks for the great support getting from you so far. I understood what you are saying in answers 1& 2 but the third one is yet to be cleared. So i request your focus on the same.
3.If the example.CSV of “products” data set can be modified, suppose an extra column " stocks" is added/ inserted then chosen as source import file for import, will this extra column data s will replace the existing stock in dollibarr?

4.Even if chosen the key (the product ref), import simulation result is always ‘Duplicate entry error’ if the import contains an existing product. Please see the error note “Duplicate entry ‘8-4’ for key 2” for your reference. Even if I use “Stocks” data set the result is same

Did you enable stock module?

You should use ‘stocks’ import option, not product import.

Yes its enabled. But I cant import an existing product.I have tried “stocks import” result is same. Product import is more usefull if I can add an extra column “Physical stocks” with existing parameters.