restored DB not active

Hi,
I am have setup a test environment and want to also test disaster recovery by setting up a new Synology NAS instance of our production environment. I have followed some instructions of replacing the “documents” folder on the NAS. I then successfully restored the database via myPhpAdmin. However when I run Dolibarr it still tells me that I need to configure all the base settings like company name and currency. I am guessing that Dolibarr is not looking at my restored database.

Can someone understand why my environment does not mirror the production installation? Is there another file I should be restoring? Or how do I point Dolibarr to the right place?

Thanks,
Jason

Although I am not in production I move a database about from local to hosting and back with no problems BUT there is one object in the database that stops it being 100% portable:

So after importing the database I run this to delete this constant:
DELETE FROM llx_const WHERE llx_const.name = “SYSTEMTOOLS_MYSQLDUMP”

I am not saying this has anything to do with your issue, but just to confirm that apart from the above, I have not come across any other problem with moving a database about.
I imagine your issue is the conf file.

1 Like

I suppose all entries in your conf.php are still the same as in the origin…

Adjust them to the new environment.

Take a look here:

https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Dupliquer_une_instance_de_prod_en_instance_de_test

This file contains the parameters specific to an installation:
htdocs\conf\conf.php

You need to edit it to reflect the NAS installation.
If you cannot get your restored Dolibarr to work, you could install a new Dolibarr on the NAS, just to see what this file should contain.

Can someone help me coz last time a hacker hack my system I want to restore it but the files I have already change by ransomware, what will I do?

Also I already format the pc even backup I don’t have, Please help me.