Syncing Two Dolibarr Installations?

Hello, everyone! I run a tech support company, and have been using Dolibarr for about the last eight months. I have been running it on top of the Bitnami WAMP Stack and use it for all of my invoicing and customer/prospect management. This server runs on my laptop, which I always have when I’m out in the field so I can whip out invoices as needed. However, I’d like to know if there is a way to sync two Dolibarr installations. I run a similar server at my home office, and would like to have it synchronize with my laptop’s installation of Dolibarr when I come home in the evenings, that way I have a standalone backup or a redundancy in case something happens to my laptop. Is this possible, or is there a module that will allow me to do this? So far, I have just been exporting all of my invoices as PDFs and then, using a script I wrote, syncing my invoice folder on my laptop with the one on my server, but I’d like something a little more robust. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help or insight you can give.

1 Like

Copying your invoice PDF is not enough. You must backup also your database (see Backup on wiki.dolibarr.org)
There is no tools to sync 2 dolibarr. Best way to use it on different places is to have your dolibarr hosted on a server like with commercial solutions available on https://saas.dolibarr.org

2 Likes

I do host my own Dolibarr installation on my company’s webserver, but I often work in remote areas where internet is not available or is unreliable. I suppose I will have to either continue looking for a solution or program my own. Thank you for the information.

1 Like

Hi. If you need database sync only, and you have control of both instalations of Dolibarr, there are options
on replication master-slave of databases, if using MySql. I never used it, but docimentation is available.

Regards
Eduardo.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, Eduardo. I have done replication of MySQL databases in the past, but had not considered it for this application until you mentioned it. I may try that this evening and see if that will pose a possible solution. If nothing else, I would at least have a complete copy of the database if I ever needed to reinstall.

1 Like

Look into this as well:

https://www.nongnu.org/storebackup/en/

Hi,

For Doli you need two things :
1- Database
2- Document folder

Then you have two choices :
1- sync
2- backup

The choice will depend on how many times per month you want to access to Doli on your work server.

1 Like