How can i connect to the localhost?

I keep getting this message…

This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost dolibarr
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Could someone send me some documenttaion to read or a video to watch?. Thanks :unhappy:

This just means that your Apache web server is not running most likely the Apache web service has not been started. Are you using Doliwamp or Xamp?

Doliwamp.

I got frustrated and signed up with Dolicloud. Let me tell ya this. When I installed Dolibar on my PC a few weeks back that error page would come up quite often. But their was this one time that the apache servor started .I don’t know how but it did. How do I go out starting and stopping the servor myself? Could you direct me to some links? Thanks in advance

You will see a W icon in your right hand side bottom on the taskbar near the clock. That is the control panel for services such as Apache. For Dolibarr to run you need Apache and MySQL to be running. Check from that control panel if it is. If its not then start both services. Also in the same control panel click on config and then under Autostart of modules tick Apache and MySQL so that when your PC restarts those services will restart also with Windows and your Dolibarr will be available all everytime.
No need to spend all that money on DolliCloud but with DolliCloud you can access Dolibarr anywhere in the World :happy:

I tried installing using DoliWamp with no luck, so now I’m trying to install with wampserver3.1.3_x64. That’s the only program that I have installed at the moment. Do I need to install mysql-installer-community-8.0.12.0 as well? Or is MySQL included with wampserver3.1.3_x64? Looks like Apache is already included with wampserver3.1.3_x64.

Hi,
WampServer will install Apache, PHP5 and MySQL on your Windows system. WampServer comes with a service manager as a tray icon. It will allow you to easily manage your server. You can install all releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP as add-ons.

Nothing more to run Dolibarr