SOLVED: Does nothing when I try and upgrade

I recently upgraded from 3.6.2 to 6.0.7. It took about 8 months because we made a lot of changes from the core code and had to document, then make the changes after the upgrade. After testing, we released the changes and got everything working. During that time, version 8.0.0 was released and I’m now working on upgrading to this latest version. I am upgrading to 7.0.0 first, but I’m not getting anywhere. I uploaded the files and the install check screen displays suggesting I upgrade from 6.0.* to 7.0.*. This is exactly what I expected. However, when I click the “Start” button, it almost immediately goes to the next page and appears to stop. But there are no error messages and nothing to click to continue. I attached a screenshot of what I get. Is there an install log file I can check somewhere?

Pièces jointes :

Personally I would have done v3 > v4 > v5 > v6 > v7 > v8 and then done the custom changes on the version you plan to settle on.

That way, any major database changes would not be ignored/skipped.

However, you would need to provide your complete setup, as described in [url=www.dolibarr.org/t/post-guidelines/16873/1 Guidelines[/url] for more users to try to help you.

Your comment about submitting my setup information got me thinking that I might be using too old of a version of “something”. My hosting company is running a really outdated version of PHP. Once I changed to the latest version, I was able to run the upgrade and everything is back on track. Thanks for the help.

Excellent, glad you got it working :happy:

Hello,
I hope that you have customization in modules. This should be easier then for upgrading. You can leave the core without modifications.

Unfortunately that is not the case. All of the changes are to the core system. I’m trying to restore to core, but this is a lot of work.

As an idea, something I am trying to do also, is to transfer the core-related changes into a module. Whilst I have been told that this cannot be done for all core changes, it is still worth looking into what CAN be converted.