First Name, Last Name is not in correct order

Hi,

In Dolibarr Version 7.0.3 First Name, Last Name is not in correct order as selected in setup.

This is always showing as Last Name then First Name, while I have selected in Setup -> Display -> Position of Name/Lastname as First name Last name

But still this is showing as Last name First name

Pièces jointes :

3 Likes

Thank you for reminding me about this! I just found this on GitHub from April

https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/issues/8521

1 Like

Seems we already have the fix in 7.0.3 and when our problem began. We use First / Last and since the upgrade have to set Display’s (Position of Name/Lastname = Last name First name).

bharat, which language are using? I’m using en_CA and the results below from en_US & en_GB are the proper translations. I’m thinking it was their .lang files or something in htdocs/admin/ihm.php.

en_US enGB
FirstnameNamePosition = Position of Name/Lastname

Firstname = First name
FirstName = First name

Lastname = Last name
LastName = Last name

1 Like

This one goes for me too and I’m using en_US

Hi,

I am using en_IN language, as we are using in India.

I could not find that the same is resolved in 7.0.3, I am PHP professional, do let me know if I can do any fix by myself. I am not making any change because the old names which we had entered earlier & showing correct only new which we are now entering are causing the issue, so I do not think that this is display problem. It looks like an problem in entering the data into database.

In home > Setup > Display, I have Position of Name/Lastname = Last name First name set to temporarily display First / Last. I’ve created test third party contacts and can confirm our data is is stored correctly in table llx_socpeople.

Since you have not switched the display position, you should verify the most recent lastname firstname entries.

I have the same problem in 7.0.3

possibly this? https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/pull/9181

Fixed into 8.0.1 by the looks of i

The issue is back in de_DE in the current version 8.0.4

On which page ?
Did you check your setup “lastname / firstname order” in home - setup - display ?

I think this issue needs some background information:

The setting for Lastname/Firstname is only valid for a contact.
If you add a new private person (without an additional contact), this setting has no impact.

So if you create a new invoice for a private person, you will always see the Lastname/Firstname, regardless of the setting.

Or do I miss something (used Dolibarr v11.0.1)?

Yes, when you create a thirdparty that is a physical person, there is only one field to store name that contains (last name and firstname), so the setup has no effect. it works only for alternative addresses for the moment.