Dolibarr eCommerce embedded solution?

In the page eCommerce of Doiibar.org website it´s claimed that Dolibarr is developing it´s own module with an estimate availability on the end of 2018, which is very promising.

Is there any documentation available in order to have a glimpse of the status and details of this module?

thanks
Guillermo

Hi
More applications is on développement. See the store.
Prestation, magenta, woocommerce ?
@+

I am also very interested to know more about this :happy:

Anyone have any news? Now it says end of year 2019…

Not sure, but I wouldn’t make business decisions around it. Even when it is released there will be initial bugs etc.

If the module is anything to do with the ‘website’ module, then that is expect in v9.

i think they have change date se you link

Or use the embedded eCommerce solution
In a future, Dolibarr will provide its own eCommerce module so you won’t need to install synchronisation services between your ERP and your eCommerce. The integration will be ready on the box. Date of availability is end of 2019.

Ecommerce embedded solution at this time think is a millestone important dor dolibarr .
After move this from 2018 to 2019 any chance put information about ?

For Prestashop, Opencart, Magento, Woocommerce users you can test our solution available as a cloud service.
Including also advanced logisitk sevices here a sample video with Dolibarr, Prestashop and DPD shipping services https://tiaris.eu/+Un-trio-pour-un-e-commerce-gagnant-Dolibarr-Prestashop-DPD+.html
Linking Dolibarr and E-commerce sites is our business since 2008 https://tiaris.eu

Hi tiaris, I did send you an email few days ago regarding your module and still haven’t had a reply. Is your module compatible with Prstashop 1.7.5.0 and how to purchase it?

Hello,

Same for me, I think the embedded e-commerce and website module is very important. That’s exactly the reason why I’m lookig for an alternative to Dolibarr. I can’t bear anymore to have 4 different app (erp, ecommerce, connector, + cms) to maintain. When a security issue is discovered in one of them, you never know if updating it won’t break everything.

Anyway, such an announcment can make me wait for it. But in the presentation video of the feature, Eldy says “no idea when it will be made. If there is a lot of interest evrything can be made withing the next 3 months, or we have no news for the next 3 years…”

How do we proceed to make it happen quickly?
Crowdfunding? Who to contact for the development? Any other idea?

I think the idea of a single database under all the apps is a logical ideal, but the development of a comprehensive ecommerce solution is a huge undertaking and I doubt that it would ever equal the functionality of existing solutions within an acceptable timeframe. There are simply not enough developers with enough free time to dedicate to this for free.
I think the 800+ issues with Dolibarr as an ERP need to be resolved first. I know most of those “issues” are not valid, but still, they need to be closed.

I have used Zen Cart for years and chose Dolibarr as the closest match in technology (php/mymysql) and an active development.
Once I implement Dolibarr as our ERP, I will link the two.
Having one application would be nice, but they are different animals with very different needs and I think that to have the best of both worlds (ERP/ecommerce), it needs so much work and more developers than are available. They need to be separate projects to attract more developers.

Dolibarr developers working on ecommerce now is re-inventing the wheel. Maybe when there are no issues with the ERP and it has all the possible functionality that everyone needs, they can think about ecommerce. Otherwise, better to ensure the apis/REST/web services work.

In my opinion.

Well, I have the feeling that ERP and ecommerce are not that far.
In both case you have to handle Products, stock, customers, orders, invoices, and an ERP does all of this already really well. It “just” miss a frontstore, cart and payment.

You can find plugins that tries to turn ecommerce solution into ERP (Magento, Prestashop…) and more and more ERP that offers ecommerce solution Odoo, FLectra, ERPNext, Semilimes…)

So far, it seems that ERP + ecommerce are closer to the Graal than Ecommerce that tries to mimic an ERP. I really hopethat Dolibarr will follow this trend.

Do you contact me over my website ? I did not receive your request.

our system is available as a cloud service or installed by us in your system.
It is not so easy to have several systems working together…

On our site you can find some demo videos, and you can apply for a login on our online demo.

So, Dolibarr will the same like that of (Java Apache Ofbiz - the problem is, this is for large organization only) built in ecommerce, But now in midyear 2022 they scheduled the ecommerce for some reason. I hope so I was thinking I was the only one waiting for this.