Error in Dolibarr since last night

Good afternoon,
since last night I am experiencing an issue on my Dolibarr.
I have been using it for over 2 years with no issues.

Can someone explain the following issue and possibly address how to solve it?
ERROR MESSAGE:

Deprecated : Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/main.inc.php on line 53

Warning : session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/main.inc.php on line 233

Warning : session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when headers already sent in /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/main.inc.php on line 234

Warning : session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/main.inc.php on line 239

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/main.inc.php:53) in /home/customer/www/recoba.shop/public_html/core/tpl/login.tpl.php on line 32

Thank you for your support.
Antonio

Hello,

Most probably your hosting company has moved to PHP 7.4 and you are using Dolibarr V10 or less
So you should either upgrade Dolibarr to newer versions or downgrade PHP.

Hi Antonio,
I had the exact same problem today. I am with Siteground, and they did an upgrade of PHP. If you go to your PHP manager, and set it to ‘Mange PHP’, you can downgrade.

The longer term answer is to upgrade Dolibarr. (SG have removed support for it via their own app installer, so it will need to be done via Dolibarr Upgrade function).

I’ve checked with their Support team a while ago, and there is nothing in the account access from their end which will prevent upgrading. They suggested this method:

(The only issue he could forsee was changing the permissions - and if that is a problem, the link below is how to do it via the control panel

Yes indeed an update seems possible and I managed to find a similar article/ way of update From, what I see in all the steps provided there is no step that cannot be implemented from your end. Renaming ./uploading/ unpacking can be all done via SSH/ FTP or the File Manager The only thing is the last one that I’m not sure if can be done via FTP or File Manager but can be surely accomplished via SSH it requires changing the permissions to 444

url:How to Manage File/Folder Permissions and Ownership - SiteGround Tutorials )

I’m planning on doing the upgrade myself on Saturday (we use basic Doli setup and it does everything we need, so don’t often upgrade) so if there is anything in the above which doesn’t work, I’ll post an update with a workaround if that can help anyone.

Joe

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

Joe,
thank you so much. You are the best. I have followed your instructions and I have managed to have the web site up running again.
Also thank you for doing your research and tests. Let me know how you go please.
All the best bro!

Hi, Update.

I migrated the site to latest version over weekend. Now working well.

I took advice from this topic in the forum:

(essentially went through each version step by step until latest).

Notes:
The only folder you need to worry about is the htdocs one, and use Filezilla to overwrite them each time in Siteground. (Back up after each iteration after checking it is working).

The file permission issue that the SG tech said may be an issue, wasn’t, it all worked very smoothly.

To watch out for; the NEW dolibarr didn’t ‘like’ staying on the old PHP version, so make sure to upgrade to the new one after you have made all the upgrade steps.

Hope this helps
Joe