Urgent Help request (accounting module)

in double accounting (dolibarr ver 15.0)
how to add initial balance for
1- VAT taxes (credit or debit from previous year)
2- Cheques (Checks under collection) from previous year
3- Third parties credit or debit (from previous year)

how to add rents/electricity/water/gas bills in journals ?

Just do the following:

1- VAT taxes (credit or debit from previous year):
a. Debit - (Liabilities side) Output VAT=the amount of INPUT xxx
b. Credit - (Assets side) Input VAT = the total AMOUNT) xxx

By doing this you need to go to Accounting → Journals as shown below

You need to click that plus sign:

Then, hit the Create button: the you can start the Journalization

That will leave you the balance of the (AP) Output VAT - Close this into Liabilities

1. Go to the Third Party Module, Create a Vendor called (whatever Tax Authorities that you have)
    Assigned the normal:

a. Go to the Products and Service. Create a services Called APVAT

Then you need to go to Billing → Vendor → the Purchase then Locate the services you have created then the amount. Since the Cheque has been issued you can pay it when the amount appear on the Bank Statement. Or as you wanted to post.

Initial Balances:

Just enter it as Normal purchases. assigned the date as 1/1/2022 if you has been audited without accounting those balances or Just enter the same Date if you and Balance our Accounts Balances.

Here in Dolibarr, you can enter any receipt or invoices the back dated but not the forward dated (post dated).

Or you know already how to Journalize as I mentioned above.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you @isoscent i’ll test that today

Thank you @isoscent
i checked your proposed solution with our accounting department and they didn’t approve it for the followings:
1- creating a vendor will led that all payments appear under purchasing and let to incorrect reports
2- creating a service will let that all payments appear under sales

Another way, by not showing on the statement use the Misc Payment Method: (I am sure using this does not show anything)

if Still, Your accounting Do Not need to show anything, then Use this Journalization method.

Your Questions below is obvious, As you are not an Accountant, You can never understand the solution or Please try to Understand the Dolibarr ERP System.(If you are an I.T.)

in double accounting (dolibarr ver 15.0)
how to add initial balance for
1- VAT taxes (credit or debit from previous year)
2- Cheques (Checks under collection) from previous year
3- Third parties credit or debit (from previous year)

how to add rents/electricity/water/gas bills in journals ?

Dear @isoscent
I really appreciate your help and support.
I was wondering why i cannot use under Billing | Payment under Sales tax to make a payment on 31 Dec 2021 (with the amount of credit needed) please correct me if i was wrong with this workaround

for Cheques/Third parties I’m thinking of creating invoices for each Cheques/Credit/debit on 31 Dec 2021 (linked to the cheques customers )

waiting for your advice

Does the Tax Account in Accounting Module has been setup Properly? as shown below:

If it does then it should work

1 Like

Thank you @isoscent
yes Tax account in accounting module has been setup properly, i’ll test this scenario this week and keep you updated.

i have another question, how to set
Credit Account or Debit Account???

Debit Account and Credit account in Value Added Tax, Picture below is showing you Payment and Refund (Refund is Your Collectible (Assets Debit (AR)) from your Tax Provider, Payment is your Liabilities (Cedit (AP)) this you need to pay since you had collected this from your customers.

Input VAT this is Always a debit side - Assets Side ( results from the Purchases or Expenses or Cost)
Output VAT this is always credit from your Sales Activities, Liabilities Side

Now if your Input VAT from the Assets Side is more than your Output VAT then that is the time you need to claim for a Refund.

Otherwise:

if your Output VAT is more than your Input VAT you need to pay it, as it is your Liabilities from you Tax Provider, Accounts payable since you have collected this from your customers or client.

Now lets go back to your Question:
Credit Account or Debit Account???

I hope this will help you and this does answer your Questions

So the same way if you treated your Government or Tax Provider or Tax Authority as a Supplier since they are the one who supplied you with Tax Services the good things is that you can get a Statement of Account like any other supplier or vendor.

I would suggest that closing of Debit and Credit shall be done in every VAT or Tax Cycle. Quarterly or whatever tax law you may have on your country.

1 Like

Thanks you @isoscent
what about other accounts in chart accounting? is it depend on how I register journals? am I correct?

There are too many things, You can do in Dolibarr. Depends on how you will do it. Depends on your understanding.

How you layout from the beginning this matters the most. for Instance. from the beginning it must be a good practise to open up the UoM otherwise it does creates a problem.

Aother things each country has a set of rules and these needs to be followed.

@isoscent
i created accounting chart and related groups but I’m still wondering how to define a certain account as a credit or a debit

Under normal circumstances:

Assets - Debit
Liabilites - Credit
Capital, Shares - Credit
Revenue/Income - Credit
Cost - Debit
Expenses - Debit

The Net Profit is Credit and the Net Loss is Debit

Now in Dolibarr:

You need to pickup a Pre-Defined Chart of Accounts that suits your country if your country is not listed.

In short no neet to define the Debit or Credit, But making a journal entries, it does requires a debit and credit

@isoscent Greetings! Thank you very much for sharing it was really a great help… We are new with this Dolibarr systems, particularly in accounting side. With regards to your step 3 (the screenshot) i am looking it Dolibarr but i cannot find it, … This is the screenshot of my purchase jounal in Dolibarr… Thank you very much.

@isoscent Do you have any link or pdf user manual that you can share with regards to journalization :thinking:
; because in our previous practice, i summarize all related VAT transactions for the quarter (i.e. total VAT outputs minus total VAT inputs) then that’s the time i book or journalize the summarize VAT transactions for the quarter in our previous systems. So correct me if i’m wrong, do i need to create an invoice on total VATpayable for each quarter before to proceed in journalizing :thinking:… Again Thank you very much and more power! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have you do the Vendor Invoice Binding?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply, just nowi log-in again in this forum… we are now in the stage of testing, and i’m the one in-charge in the accounting side… i already made some set-ups, i.e., like the chart of accounts, updated the default accounts, already made some manual journal entries, i already made some sales invoice, customer invoice binding. And now, i re-create again my testing to make a complete accounting cycle (from start to closing - includes sales purchase (both local & abroad), deliveries.etc.)

I have a question, regarding PDC (post-dated cheque) payment, in my initial testing after i booked it dollibar system (enter payment); is it the dollibar has the functionality to auto generate the related accounting entry when entering the payment? either for cash, cheque (current & pdc), bank transfer or manual journal entry can be done after the enter payment? :thinking:

Thank you very much. :slightly_smiling_face: