VAT to Sales Tax

Can VAT be changed globally to Sales Tax

Do you mean you want to change only the text (“translation”).
If yes, can you tell me which language need this ?

VAT is the indirect tax on consumer goods, paid by the original producers of the product variations or transfer of property to its final consumers.VAT is applied on each stage of sale with a mechanism of credit for the input VAT paid.Sales tax is levied on the sale of a commodity, which is produced or imported and sold for the first time.If the product is sold subsequently without being processed further, it is exempt from sales tax.

Actually I think he was referring to having sales tax (which is basically the American version of the VAT tax which each state sets individually) instead of VAT tax. I could use this feature as well even if I had to set the value of the sales tax for each state myself.
One thing to keep in mind is that you generally don’t have to collect sales tax except for sales within the state in which your business resides. so being able to configure it kind of like you already have for adding a VAT tax would work fine, especially if it was dependent upon the customers address or shipping address (preferred in my case)

So in USA you enable VAT, then go into Setup/Dictionaries and create a new entry in the “VAT Rates or Sales Tax Rates” table. The use of 3 different taxes allows you to breakdown state, regional and city tax.

Sales tax in the states is even now more complicated due to the recent ruling from North Dakota. Our company, for example, is now required to collect sales tax in 35 of the 50 states and some of those states require collection reporting of sales down to the local level, all with various rates. Our current system has over 6000 sales tax rate records depending on the rules for each state and we use a zipcode cross reference to find which rate to apply on any particular order. Canada is similar with GST, PST, and HST, again depending on the province which to report and what rate to collect.

But wait. There’s more. In the states, sometimes freight is taxable, sometimes it is not. Sometimes, specific items are exempt from tax in some states while taxable in other states. Throw in a visit from the auditor from each state every 3 years and managing sales tax in the USA has become a full time job. I find the Dolibarr VAT system inadequate for our needs and will write my own module or see if there is one in the Dolistore. Avalara is a service available with an API, but the cost is prohibitive for a large number of transactions.