AddOns in Dolistore is outdated

Hello ,
I am using Dolibarr v.15
I read about it through the nominations of some comparison sites.

I own an information systems company in Egypt and i am suffering from other erp systems with my clients

I take my decision to change to Dolibarr and we already developed a full custom HR module Serving Egypt and middle East because the default module is so poor

Now some of my customets need a full erp , they also suffering from Odoo , it is very expensive but there are a big and obvious difference between Dolibarr support and Odoo or ErpNext support

Dolibarr is very insufficient

The free Modules in Dolistore is outdated and the paid has no real demo .

and 90 % from modules is in french , what about the other contries ?

Are there companies specialized in customizing dolibarr to cooperate with in implementing the wishes of our customers?

1 Like

Hi,

Unlike others, Dolibarr is an inclusive growth. As I get motivated from @eldy or @ksar, they give so much to the community including this forum for us to complain !! :slight_smile:

I don’t complain if any issue, but try to highlight to them / if possible, solve it and give back to the community. Further, they donot stop us using dolibarr in any way…

Lets keep up the spirit… If you think you have a HR module that has more features, you may like to send some of them to @eldy for evaluation so that he can include it in upcoming releases…

All the best to you…

regards,
yesbee.

Hello,

The main difference between Odoo and Dolibarr it’s that Odoo is a proprietary solution, against an opensource.
Opensource support is made by volunteers
Odoo support is a paid service.
Of course, between the two, Dolibarr seems to be poor. But if you want to have a good support service, you can always ask a paid service to one of the Dolibarr Preferred partner.

I also agree, that Dolistore module presentation is poor, and need improvements.

Yes there is, have a look on Dolibarr Prefered partner : Dolibarr Preferred Partners

And I recommend that you contact a few of them, to have a Dolibarr support.

May i throw my opinion in here (sorry if it’s slightly off topic), but we’ve actually had a “similar” discussion about the dolistore in the german forum.

The Dolistore kind of slightly hinders the development of dolibarr in my opinion. There are some modules on the store that should have been long implemented into the core of dolibarr like bank statement import and such.

Of course no one wants to work for free (rightfully so, they spent their own time to develop the module) and they want to make as many sales as possible with useful plugins, but as the modules are on the store no one really bothers to develop them for the core dolibarr.

The dolistore might be useful for very specific and niche modules. But it would be great to see basic erp system modules from the store added to the core. Stuff like bank import, better hrm, etc.

But obviously as you said ksar, the support and development is made by volunteers which has to be considered. Nobody has the right to expect anything.

Another approach we’ve discussed was to crowdfund some money to “buy” (not the one time amount but a bigger sum) the modules from the developers so that they integrate the modules into dolibarr itself.

Hello,

There is already ongoing crowdfunding to enhance the core, for example : Collaborative Financing for Accounting 2021 (Season 5)

Yes I’ve seen that, aspangaro and his team are doing a great job improving the accounting features. But my point is about existing modules from the dolistore being integrated into the core :slight_smile:

It’s interesting to see people in the our arab world start using Dolibarr, And I’m suffering other solutions until now with my clients. because I didn’t start using Dolibarr so far coz it needs much more developing and improvement. Would

I would like know how to start the development of modules in Dolibarr, need just a hint! thanks in advance.

Hi. I agree with you re the lack of basic ERP functionality such as automated bank statement imports hindering the growth of the Dolibarr user community.

Btw. has any progress been made re the crowfunding concept and which add-on do you use for statement imports?

Best regards,

WIT Contact :slight_smile: