Bank Import Module (for 3.0.1)

Hi all.
Time ago we developed (with a lot of help of a friend) a module for getting bank repports inside dolibarr automatically… we foud that the module works fine and finally we updated the module for 3.0.1…
now it’s working fine again so I decided to share for anyone that finds it usefull.
Module is flexible and could be customized for different repport formats…
this is the difficult side of the module, is adapted for csv type files, but someone with a little php/mysql knowlede can customize this for different kind of files.
Module has customizable rules and groups of rules for each bank format.
it works clasifying transactions from each line in the file and has different procedure for each kind of operation.

File is zipped and contains a few other customizations we have made to suit our need (headers and minor things)
it could be deployed over 3.0.1 httdocs structure when unzipped.
you should first configure module for table creation (rules and group of rules) inside database
I Hope this could be usefull as it is for us.

Regards
Alejandro

htdocs_3.zip (56.5 KB)

Impressive, thank’s a lot for the addition! I think it can be VERY useful!

You should add it to Dolistore so that it can be more easily accessible for users.

I’ll do that…
as soon as I check compatibility for 3.1 I’ll upload to dolistore.

Thanks for the advice.

If your module could be available for v3.1.0 too, that would be AWESOME! :smiley:

Hi.
I revised each file to make This module compatible with 3.1 and I think it’s working again.
Some important considerations:
Module should be first configured before using it, in order of tables to be created inside dolibarr database(two tables are created, and to fit your particular requirements.
Module was intended to be used for our particular needs so it most probably has to be full adapted to fit other requirements like type and format of bank report file.
It doesn’t use dollibar’s languaje autotranslation system (just spanish for most of it’s messages and screens)
Rule configuration works together with payment method dictionary.
This is very usefull to configure how bank repport file is readed an interpreted.
You should be very carefull defining rules, and be aware of rule precedence to get it working smoothly.
Module will auto conciliate some types of operations like bank charges and taxes or bank expenses as we decided that way, but it can be changed at parser level.
We have included two parsers one for each bank we operate but these parsers are provided as examples, these are the files to be configured or modified with some knowlede of what you have to do.
“Galicia.parser.class.php” and “Frances.parser.class.php”
Main functionality can be adapted at index.php inside MCCImport folder.
Module detects duplicated and missing operation between bank repport and dolibarr database for each account and conciliate operation when certain rules are matched (you can mod this rules inside index.php)
you can import the bank repport each day and module will show you a confirmation screen of what it’s going to do before actually making any modifications on your llx_bank table.
Of course you can use this and modify this at your own risk…

I have to give all credits and thanks to Esteban Aliverti. The real curly head behind this work. (a very patient friend)
I have just made a few adaptations and mods/addons

PS: There is a customizable cashflow forecast graph also included
It can show balance forecast for each account for the next nn days. at the moment It just operates for llx_bank transactions for each account but my plans are to extend its functionality for all incomes/outgoing references and make a global money flow forecast.
Hope this could be usefull for anyone to complete the development and fit other´s requirements.
Regards
Alejandro

htdocs_3-20111028.zip (68.7 KB)

answer for lrq3000:
At a seccond thought… I think this module does not meet all developement requirements to be included at dolistore level…(It should be completed…
translated and adapted to be usable for most people before been uploaded to dolistore)
So… IMHO it’s not ready yet and I’ll share it this way for the moment.
Regards
Ale

alejandror wrote:

You can post it in english only, a module does not necessarily needs to be fully translated I think…

As you want, of course a polished module is always better to publish :happy: But for a free module, it will be forgiven (making features is already a lot of work, polishing is even more).

I think that requirements for free modules publishment are different than requirements for paid modules. As long as it extends the functionnalities of Dolibarr and that it works, I think that you should publish it on Dolistore. After all, it can only bring the best, because people can then polish it themselves and contribute back the updates :happy:

Just my 2 cents about it, Dolistore deserves to be more than just an obscure paid market, because I’m persuaded that it can further promote the opensource spirit that is driving this project and federate a lot the community around the project.

I agree with last comment.
If your module is free and if notice say interface is availble in english only, dolistore will accept it, so i can suggest you to try to build and publish your module for dolistore:

Instructions on:
http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Module_development#File:Art.png_Create_a_package_to_distribute_and_install_your_module

And yes, dolistore is more than a paid market, and we miss “free” modules, so yours will probably be welcome.

It’s most in spanish Es-AR
I’m Working on it (hard work by the way, I’m learnig a lot of php with this but a lot for me isnt enough for this)
I’ll make a check list with the instrucctions in your link, some of they are already done but many others… are not!
I’m pretty sure i’ll require some help (even more)
Regards
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro.

I’ve looked for your module in the Dolistore and haven’t found it, maybe you didn’t upload it. What I would like to use is the cashflow graph.

I’m interested to know if you have updated it.

By the way, I’m Spanish, so I have no problem if it is still in Spanish :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jorge…
I’ve been out of dolibarr forum for a while so I have’nt seen your post on this…(aded a check in the box to be notified from now on)
Module is still working I’ve upgraded to most recent stable version of Dolibarr 3.2.2.
I’ve been working on this but cashflow forecast graph isn’t working in new versions (since 3.2). because of some changes in the main code I haven’t been able to discover yet, I’m not a programmer… I’m doing this by a kind of Brute force php learning (Change-test-fail-success) I have two or more dolibarr installs on my server to do this, and a three way code comparator tool (Meld-PY)
so if you are still interested on trying this module I can send it to you… I’ll try to upload to dolistore in the next weeks but I want to reenable the forecast cashflow graph before.
If you have a little more php knowledge than me you could help me to solve this.
Regards
Alejandro
by the way, translation is on it’s way to be fully English and Spanish automatic.

Ok.

I’m not a programmer also :frowning:

I’ll wait for when you upload it to the web.

Thanks!

allmost there
it’s working again… just a few more steps to Upload to dolistore

Going back in time :wink: But anyone have similar for more current version 17+ ?

you may try GitHub - ATM-Consulting/dolibarr_module_bankimport: module d'import bancaire