Bills of materials & Manufacturing Orders in Dolibarr v.11

Hello Team,
Congratulations for new modules in Dolibarr v.11.0 Bills of materials & Manufacturing Orders in MRP menu.
Thanks a lot for your efforts to provide Dolibarr users with new features.
I have some suggestions which want to share with you:

• Complimentary attributes (extrafields) for both modules will be required.
  • Notes, Files, Logs for MO missing now, in BOM it is ok.
  • BOM & MO will be good to be available as an option (menu button) in Sales orders. When we process Sales orders - we have to manufacture some of products from the order and need to track link relation between Sales order and Manufacturing order. Not just serial/tracking number of new product made within MO by BOMs. And after validating MO - product to be possible to “Set as ready” or “Status - manufactured” in Sales order - which can enable Sales order closing.
    We manufacture our products just upon Sales orders and our process is as follows:
    1.Commercial proposal
    2.Sales order
    3.Purchase order for spare parts (products which we need for manufacturing) or ready to sale products
    4.Manufacturing order (assemble and test) using BOMs
    5.Delivery/shipping using tracking numbers/lots
    Hope this logic use other users of Dolibarr too. It will be nice to implement in next versions such functionality/logic between all order processing steps.
    Like in BOM you develop option CREATE MO it is good to have in module MO -> option CONFIRM AS READY in Sales order. And in Sales order to be visible all links to BOM and/or MO if they are created. like links to proposal/invoice/project, etc.
    I hope other colleagues could suggest features as per their workflow.

Cheers

Great suggestions! By the way, I just upgraded to the Version 11 and having difficulty knowing how to use Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Manufacturing Order (MO). I could not find anywhere to create MO from BOM. I activated the BOM under Product Management Module but could not see anything else to activate. Do I need to activate anything else. Also, what is the current logic with the BOM and if it would subtract from the raw mat inventory automatically? Please let me know where to find the information about the BOM and MO. Thank you!

1 Like

Dear Kannetic,

thanks for your kind reply and support.
BOM and MO appear in the upper menu as MRP right to Products/Services.
It is good to test both modules and will discover what they do with raw materials, inventory, lot/serial #, etc.

Hi Dido,
Thank you very much for your response on this. I could certainly see the “MRP” menu right next to the “Products | Services” menu. However, the issue that I am having is that once I made the BOMs, I did not see any other buttons to do further actions to create Manufacturing Orders. As you can see in the images below, there are no buttons to create MOs. Am I missing something?

i.is.cc/qfbwmAk.png
i.is.cc/qfvOyhC.png

Hi,
If you did not see Create MO, I guess you did not validated BOM.
Steps are as follows:

1. Create BOM
  2. Validate
  3. And now Create MO button should be available
    see uploaded screenshots

Hi Dido,
I am also unable to see the new module/section.

Can you please confirm where there is any conditions that have to be meet before the manufacturing order options appear ?

Hi,

Try with eldy theme.
It seems that you are using a custom theme

Hi @ksar,
Thanks for your reply.
I switched to the other theme that came with Version 11. However I have changed it back as per your suggestion. Though I still can’t see the options. See attached screenshot.

1 Like

I will list out the steps of what I did . Maybe there something that I might have missed. It will be great if someone can identify a issue in my approach.

1- create product A (Can be sold;Can’t be purchased)
2- Create Product B (Can not be Sold. ; can be purchased)
3- Create Third Party Vendor.
4- Create Purchase order >validate PO.> Create Shippment to Warehouse
5- Create Product BOM-01( Can’t be Purchased; Can’t be Sold)
6- Did not link BOM to Product A and B since negative Quantity are ignored now
7- Create BOM 01( selected BOM)
8- added Product B (-1.00 Qty) and Product A(100) in BOm
9- Validated BOM.

Thanks
Regards
Shaheer

MO module must be enabled (in Modules/Application).
As MO module is an experimental module, to enable MO module, you need to change “MAIN_FEATURES_LEVEL” (in Other Setup) to 1.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! It works!

In the production tab, consumption and production requires the lot numbers, How to make this function work since I don’t see the area where I can input the lot numbers for raw materials?

Never mind, sorry, I forgot to activate the lot numbers under products. However, I still get that error info about the lot even though I put the correct lot or serial number.

Thanks! I had totally forgotten about this required change jeje

I agree with @Dido and the recommendations for MO and WO modules. It would be very nice if there was a widget that showed all items that need to have a MO created for. For example if you could set the min/max inventory levels and items that have a BOM associated with them would show on the widget when the inventory is below the desired level. Then the person responsible can see items that need to have MO created based on these rules. Then the MO and WO can be created.

Is there a way that the cost of consumed raw material used in the MO for the product to produce will be shown on the overview of the tagged project as expense?