Bitnami Dolibarr stack not opening after upgrade to Mac OS Ventura

I am using Bitnami Dolibarr for 1 year now. But after upgrading to Mac OS Ventura 6-7 days back, this app is not opening. Whenever I double click the app icon on MacBook it bounces in dock once and then stops and nothing happens.

I have 1 more MacBook and when I tried the same on that laptop, it opens up without any problem.

I have lots and lots of data in Dolibarr and I am very much worried about the app not opening. Please guide and advise, I’ll be very much grateful to you

Edit: I’ve noticed that terminal window is showing error ‘KILLED: 9’ I’ve tried using upx -d ‘path to binary’ but it is also throwing exception ‘NotPackedException: not packed by UPX’

Edit: Crash log as below:

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: stackman [1094] Path: /Applications/Dolibarr.app/Contents/MacOS/stackman Identifier: stackman Version: ??? Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: bash [1077] Responsible: Terminal [1075] User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-10-31 11:47:29.4718 +0530 OS Version: macOS 13.0 (22A380) Report Version: 12 Bridge OS Version: 7.0 (20P411) Anonymous UUID: D7611551-90A0-B366-94D3-AA9098948BAA

Time Awake Since Boot: 970 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_GUARD (SIGKILL) Exception Codes: GUARD_TYPE_MACH_PORT Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000d5a, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace GUARD, Code 2305843022098599258

Please advise.

I don’t know about your current stack, but if the old system is still available (maybe a disk backup of the entire old system?), I strongly advise to create a backup from within the functioning Dolibarr. In this case it is no problem to transfer and import your data (within database and documents) into any other properly operating Dolibarr system.

Sadly I didn’t take backup from MAC monterey version of OS. However, i copied the folder ‘.bitnami/stackman’ for safety, as I read somewhere that all the data of dolibarr resides in file name machine.qcow2 located in folder ‘dolibarr/vm’.

Even the latest version of bitnami dolibarr i.e. 16.0.1 is not opening on my system and it is crashing immediately on opening (with single bounce of app icon in dock), due to which I can’t import the backed up data as well.

Please advise if BITNAMI STACK needs an update for compatibility with VENTURA or otherwise. I need my DOLIBARR back working.

Please help me!!!

Hello,

Ask the question to Bitnami ?

Yes posted to github > bitnami page [DOLIBARR] <BITNAMI DOLIBARR STACK NOT OPENING AFTER VENTURA UPGRADE> · Issue #451 · bitnami/vms · GitHub

Please also suggest if it is possible to backup the data from file machine.qcow2

I am of knowledge that all the required documents, transactions are stored in this fie

Sorry, I don’t know enough details about Bitnami to be of real help here. I assume this is the file containing your VM? In dolibarr, all documents are stored as regular files in a documents folder. And all transactions are within your Dolibarr database (probably MySQL/MaiaDB, possibly PostgreSQL). If you can access these two within your VM, you will probably be fine.

To find out, how to make the VM functional again (and how to access files/DB inside(, I guess the bitnami support channels are of better help.

@Hatifix EXACTLY, and hence as per advise and suggestion by @priojk , i have raised the issue at github link [Dolibarr] BITNAMI DOLIBARR STACK NOT OPENING AFTER VENTURA UPGRADE · Issue #451 · bitnami/vms · GitHub

You can visit this link for active discussion and possible resolution in coming few days