BOM & MO .odt templates

Hi, I am having trouble customized an .odt template for BOMs and MOs. I have seen the wiki on how to edit .odt templates but I am not getting any results.

I would like to have a way of quickly exporting the data as pdf (same way as with proposals, invoices, etc) for quick printing to share with procurement team and factory floor. I find it strange that there isn’t already a template built-in as with the other modules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I think there are a fair amount of people looking for the same answer, me included. Sadly I don’t have the skills to fix this myself.

OK, so I had a look on the french forum where’s there’s generally a lot more activity and found this at the end of a long exchange between various members :

J’ai l’impression que pour le moment il n’y a pas de tags prévues pour l’export des BOM. Bref la fonction n’est à priori pas encore bien implémenté

Which, to paraphrase, means the ability to produce a pdf or an odt file is not yet implemented. You can find the discussion here.

Hi Nick! Thanks for finding an answer and also coming back to share. It’s very strange (frustrating) that this isn’t a thing yet.

I have been wondering this myself also, why is there a delay in implementing pdf for BOM & MO?
The problem is when you have a hosted system where odt is not an option as can’t run any applications. Does anyone have a solution in this case?