cannot get past step 1

Hi,
I am new on this forum. I did already some searching for topics related to the installation issue I encounter but so far without success.

I want to evaluate Dolibarr ERP system on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS and since it is not a standard SW on Ubuntu Software I followed the download instructions under below link:

The only deviation I chose is to keep the test database alive as I think that having a test database is quite a useful feature for future use.

Dolibarr icon is showing in the Applications menu and when I start it, Firefox opens with a screen to guide me through the rest of the setup process. First screen is the language selection and next is the basic database settings (step 1).
I am not an expert on Linux/Ubuntu or ERP (though I have some experience using SAP) but I suppose I get the basic concept of what the setup is trying to achieve.
In short I want a database with 1 user and a root (superuser rights) that can add more users and authorisations along the way.

Once I have all the details filled in I go to the next step but get a variation of errors:

1. If I leave the default port 3360 then I get some error about root access on the dolibarr database.
  2. If I empty the field for the default port I see that access to the database is ok but get an error that the user cannot be created.

So after some digging on internet I found that it may be related to a setting in /var/www/html/dolibarr/htdocs/install/install.forced.sample.php file.
I edited the file in the following place:

/** @var int 1 = Lock and hide environment variables, 2 = Lock all set variable$
$force_install_noedit = 2;

I changed it to:

/** @var int 1 = Lock and hide environment variables, 2 = Lock all set variable$
$force_install_noedit = 1;

the suggestion was that you would be able to access some more settings that were locked when set to 2.

After making this change I am even further away since the webpage now gives an error:

DolibarrHasDetectedError.
InformationToHelpDiagnose:
Date: 20190925112845
Dolibarr: 10.0.2
PHP: 7.2.22-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
OS: Linux xxxx-Studio-1558 4.15.0-64-generic #73-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 12 13:16:13 UTC 2019 x86_64
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0

RequestedUrl: /dolibarr/
Referer:
MenuManager:

DatabaseTypeManager: mysqli
RequestLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError
ReturnCodeLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError
InformationLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError

Message: host=localhost, port=3306, user=dolibarrdebian, databasename=dolibarr_anton, Access denied for user ‘dolibarrdebian’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I changed the .ini file back to

$force_install_noedit = 2;

However, the error when starting Dolibarr keeps coming up. I reinstalled Dolibarr (after removal) but no change.

Hoping to find some help here as I really would like to evaluate Dolibarr.

Hello,

You have a problem of MariaDB configuration.
The error is clear : Access denied for user ‘dolibarrdebian’

The user that you should have created there :
MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE DATABASE dolibarrdb character set UTF8 collate utf8_bin;
MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER dolibarr;
MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dolibarrdb.* TO ‘dolibarr’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘mypassword’;

Needs to be the same, that you enter in the database setup of dolibarr

Hi ksar,

yes I understand that. It kept on complaining about the root@localhost.

Right now I have redone all the steps in the installation guide I linked earlier.
I got the same error:

================
DolibarrHasDetectedError.
InformationToHelpDiagnose:
Date: 20190925112845
Dolibarr: 10.0.2
PHP: 7.2.22-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
OS: Linux xxxx-Studio-1558 4.15.0-64-generic #73-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 12 13:16:13 UTC 2019 x86_64
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0

RequestedUrl: /dolibarr/
Referer:
MenuManager:

DatabaseTypeManager: mysqli
RequestLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError
ReturnCodeLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError
InformationLastAccessInError: ErrorNoRequestInError

Message: host=localhost, port=3306, user=dolibarrdebian, databasename=dolibarr_anton, Access denied for user ‘dolibarrdebian’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

So I started to look for the file where the database names and users are specified. I found the file /etc/dolibarr/conf.ini with specified databases.
I changed the entries in there in line with the command line names I had used earlier to create database and user on MariaDB.

When I now open Dolibarr I get to the login page of Dolibarr and login with the user I had created.
I get the following error: Table ‘dolibarr.llx_user’ doesn’t exist
How can I see which users are created and which databases are created for MariaDB?

funny thing: I thought maybe installation is not completed yet. Looking at the browser address bar it showed:
http://localhost/dolibarr/

So I just tried to type in the browser address bar:
http://localhost/dolibarr/install/

And now I am back on the installation page with a bunch of additional options for install. So that resolves the fact that I can no longer get to the install page.

However, now the original error is still present.
So to summarise:

1. I created database dolibarr
  2. I created <user> for database dolibarr
  3. When I check the users vs database vs host it confirms what I have done.

On the installation page I have the following fields filled in:

1. database name: dolibarr
  2. driver type: mysqli (MySQL or MariaDB >=5.0.3)
  3. Database server: localhost
  4. Port: 3306
  5. Database table prefix: llx_
  6. Create database: Checked/yes
  7. Login: <user>
  8. Password: <password>
  9. Create user account or grant user account permission on the Dolibarr database: checked/yes
  10. Database server - Superuser access
  11. Login: root (greyed out)
  12. password: blank

I know that since database is already created and user already exists I should uncheck these boxes. But want to show what happens when I click Next:

Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’
The database connection failed: the host or super user parameters must be wrong.

Go back and check/correct the parameters.

So I go back and change the superuser parameters:

6. Create database: Checked/yes
  9. Create user account or grant user account permission on the Dolibarr database: checked/yes
  10. Database server - Superuser access
  11. Login: root (greyed out)
  12. password: <password> --> at least the password I set at a very early stage. Might not be correct.

Resulting in the same error:

The database connection failed: the host or super user parameters must be wrong.

Go back and check/correct the parameters.

So possibly wrong password.
Trying to reset root password using the following instructions:

Successfully changed password.

On the installation page still the same error.

So I suppose since database and user exist I could uncheck those boxes.

6. Create database: UnChecked/No
  9. Create user account or grant user account permission on the Dolibarr database: unchecked/no
  10. root options disappear.

Now I can go on to the next step.
I guess I figured this part out by myself in the end. Not sure though where the whole thing went wrong in the first place.

Installation completed. Dolibarr is up and running. Topic can be closed.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good !

It is strange that you struggle to do it, but at the end you succeed !

hi,
I had a ame problem with this can’t get through step 1

I’m using ubuntu 20.04 and had try this too cannot get past step 1 - #4 by aspier but still the problem still. I had no idea how to solve this since I’m not good enough with linux thing :'D

*I tried to check the superuser on my database;
I tested $ mysql -u root -p but can’t logon so I use sudo then input the root password which it success to enter.

thanks.