Can't add new group

I am an Admin.

Under Users & Groups, Groups, New group I can’t add a new group. I am getting following failure message:

Current login: mg
Permission for this login can be defined by your Dolibarr administrator from menu Home->Users.

Please help

Thx
Michael

Hi Michael,

Did you check that beyond being admin, you have full rights on users and groups (permission tab under your user tab) ? That should be as an admin, but is worth verifying.

Regards,
Marc

Thank you Marc, please check attached picture of my permissions:

Do you have any external module, such as multicompany ?

No nothing, only started now to setup User/ Products/ Customers/ Vendors …

Sorry, I can’t see what can be wrong. This would need deeper inspection.
If anybody else can help, he is welcome…

Regards,
Marc

Another failure message if I want Add a Group under User / User card / List of groups for this user

The behaviour is very strange. It looks like you have a problem with the entity definition. Moreover, if you are where I think you are, you should not have a -1 in the sql query (group id). What are these users ? Internal/external ? What exact version of Dolibarr are you running ? Is this a fresh install ? If not, what is the history ?
You have to activate logging if not done already and inspect what the system is doing, notably the sql command sent before this error.
Regards,
Marc

Picture 2

Picture 3

Thanks Michael, problem is lines are truncated in the screenshots and we are missing the one with “INSERT”. Could you provide the full log file ?
Regards,
Marc

The error you had

is probably the one described below :

It means this form is to add a group to a user, you have to select a group in the list, you can’t create a new group from there…

Hi, I’ve also encountered this problem and my solution (which is hardly not technical) was:

• Go to Setup > Security
  • Disable “Use the advanced permissions of some modules”
  • Go back to Users & Group > Groups > New Group
  • Create a group, in my case, I named it “Super Admin”
  • Edit the “Super Admin” to have all permissions
  • Go to Users & Group > List of users
  • Select your current admin user
  • Attach the newly created “Super Admin” to your admin user
  • Enable “Use the advanced permissions of some modules” in Setup > Security
  • And now you should be able to access the “New Group” page without the “Access denied.” message

Good luck!