Can't Login after upgrade to 12.01

My hosting provider just upgraded my dolibarr from 6.06 to 12.01. Was working fine until the upgrade. Now I can’t login.
err Unknown coluum ‘u.socialnetworks’ in ‘field_list’

Please help. tks

Probably my comment won’t be helpful, but: Upgrading 6 version numbers in one shot is a very dangerous thing to do. Can’t the hosting provider help you out? I’d say it’s usually none of their business to upgrade software, but if they do, then they need to make sure it’s done properly, and if it doesn’t work out, then they should at least be able to revert back to version 6. Then they should create a parallel installation and try to upgrade that first. (During that time, you’d need to stop working on the old system of course, but at least you could be sure not to lose access).

Thanks, precisely. What pissed, they did the upgrade before I can even do any backup.

It’s too late now, …but for the future,
a) you must always have a working, local copy of your Dolibarr files.
b) daily database backups
c) check they work together regularly.

From these, you ensure your business does not stop when some idiot/arrogant/ignorant hosting kills your ERP for you.

You should publish the name of the hosting to warn others.

An upgrade of one step is a major undertaking…six is shockingly irresponsible and probably a good basis to sue them for the disruption to your business.
Change your hosting as soon as possible!

Thank you for the advice.

Maybe you could try this: Get a backup of the database as it is right now (and all folders including the “documents” folder, of course). Chances are, the db still has all data, just the table structure doesn’t match the programming code anymore).

Restore it somehwere else (I’d certainly move to another hosting provider. On my end, I run it on a Ubuntu VM (“droplet”) on DigitalOcean). Then, run the upgrade routine (here’s a good starting point). The script might either fix some of the errors, or at least, it will show error messages. This will allow you to fix the errors and repeat the script until there are no more errors (it will even allow you to continue despite the errors, but that’s a bit risky).

Hi,

So it seems that at least V10->V11 was not done properly.
You can try to run this SQL sentence in phpmyadmin :

ALTER TABLE llx_user ADD COLUMN socialnetworks text DEFAULT NULL AFTER personal_email;

Hi thanks. This help to resolve the login issue, but there are too many error s and data missing all over theplace. I have resorted to reinstall and update data from backup hard copy. Once again thanlks