Changing Mariadb 5 to Mariadb 10

I am running Dolibarr V14 on Synology 716+, with DSM 6. Now, I want to Upgrade from DSM 6 to 7. Then, however, Mariadb 5 is not supported anymore, so I need to upgrade Dolibar to Mariadb 10. Managed already to upload the database from 5 to 10. Question is however, how do I get Dolibarr to recognize Mariadb 10. What line(s) need to be changed and where?

Any help in this would be much appreciated.
Rudi

Hi,

if you did not only transfer the database, but also created the database user for Dolibarr (same name, same password) and the location of the database did not change, you should be good to go. Otherwise, you need to create this user and/or adjust the settings in your conf.php file (can be found in htdocs/conf/conf.php).

Standard disclaimer: Only work on these files after you created a full backup, in case something goes wrong.

Joachim

1 Like

Hello,

There is tutorial on the wiki : FAQ Mise à Jour de MariaDB 5 a 10 sur Synology NAS - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki

Unfortunately in French but with a online translation tool you can make it I think.

Hi and thanks for the tips. However after doing all that´s described in the wiki, Doli refuses to accept Mariadb10. I did a full restart of the system (stopped db5), but had to restart Mariadb5 again to get Doli going. Below a screen shot. What am I missing?
Thanks for any help here.
Rudi