Chinese character

I need to input chinese character to designate adress of shipment in Purchase POrder
I get some ??? instead.
Initially during the install the db was not in UTF8. So I converted it with Operations tab in PHPMyadmin to take a UTF8-General, but still get some ???
I particularly get this in PDF genetation and in field being filled

I think I have the same problem . for example ,Dolibarr generates document for some objects (project), if the object name is Chinese , it would be shown wrongly .

I found out partly how to solve this :
First you need to have any field in the database which is suppose to contain chinese character to be set as utf8_unicode_ci
Main problem: when you set up the database with the dolibarr install it create latin1 field, I tried to change the database char set but unfortunately i could only easily change it to tables not to rows… so in my case what i did was to locate where the field i wanted to contain chinese was in the database and i changed manually the char set for those fields… this is a painfull process believe me.
For the PDF issue i found out in some other topic that some lang files must be edited. Problem I have now is that I success to get some chinese pdf but the font sucks and is ugly and I get an error on the top of my dolibar page as follow
Error: /undefined in findresource Operand stack: --dict:15/24(L)-- F2 12.0 --dict:6/6(L)-- --dict:6/6(L)-- cid0cs-UniGB-UTF16-H --dict:10/12(ro)(G)-- --nostringval-- CIDFontObject --dict:7/7(L)-- --dict:7/7(L)-- Adobe-GB1 Execution stack: %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1878 1 3 %oparray_pop 1877 1 3 %oparray_pop 1861 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 1 1 --nostringval-- %for_pos_int_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push --nostringval-- %loop_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %loop_continue Dictionary stack: --dict:1159/1684(ro)(G)-- --dict:1/20(G)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:108/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:288/300(ro)(G)-- --dict:22/25(L)-- --dict:6/8(L)-- --dict:26/40(L)-- Current allocation mode is local Last OS error: 2

1 Like