Creating a department pull down

Under a contact, I am curious if I can create and edit a department list to be used in a pull down method?
Currently I am manually typing 13 department names that will go along with each contact.

Yes, you can add complimentary attributes to a contact in the setup of Third party. You can find some more information here, a little more complex but you will get the idea I think:

Hello Hans,

I was hoping to add a list of editable fields under a contact that is attached to a third party: in this example “Departments”

For example Jonathan A. below is a contact listed under the third party of Takeda.

I’d like to have the Department have a list of pull down items that I can select for each new contact that I create.

I was hoping I could populate 12 or so job titles that would live under “Department” so that I don’t have to manually type “Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance” or “Production” it’d be nice to select from a list that I can edit/populate and save. Then simply select which applies and save the changes to that contact record.

Thank you for any insight you can provide- I appreciate your help!

Please try to follow the tooltip when you add an extra complimentary attribute for contact in the setup, modules, third party: List of values must be lines with format key,value (where key can’t be ‘0’)

for example:
1,value1
2,value2
code3,value3

In order to have the list depending on another complementary attribute list:
1,value1|options_parent_list_code:parent_key
2,value2|options_parent_list_code:parent_key

In order to have the list depending on another list:
1,value1|parent_list_code:parent_key
2,value2|parent_list_code:parent_key

1 Like

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your help. I was able to figure it out with some of the tips you provided to me.

Have a good day!