Creating a public ticket from withinDolibarr

I’m sure there’s a very good reason why this seems to be prohibited or maybe I have an unusual application?
I (as a user/admin) want to create a ticket that I would like my customer(s) to be able to see and reply to My customers are third parties and their details are listed under contacts for the third parties. None of these third parties or contacts are users. If I create a ticket and notify the third party/contact of the ticket’s creation, they receive an email… Great. But, they cannot reply to or comment on the ticket. The area at the bottom of the ticket says
“A public interface requiring no identification is available at the following url
Not available. Ticket was not created from public interface.”
However, If I create a ticket through a public interface (i.e. I use the web interface), The URL is created.
Is there a way that I can create the public interface from within Dolibarr instead of having to do this through the public interface?
Apologies if this information is already listed somewhere. I’ve spent quite some time searching but have not been able to locate this

Hello,

On the ticket, there will be a public track-id. The basic url will be:
https:// your dolibarr url /public/ticket/view.php?track_id= Here comes the public id of the ticket,
somthing like: ixcto4cjxta1t64y

If you send an email from the ticket card, you will generate automatically the proper URL. Keep in mind you have added the right contacts at the ticket, because the third party has to fill in the right emailaddress.

Hope you can move forward from here.

Hi and thanks for your reply
Unfortunately, your suggestion does not seem to work. I’ve followed your advice but it seems the correct page is never generated. The email is sent with the ‘tracking key’ that I’ve copied and pasted into the absolute URL. I (still) get an error 404 in a browser and the message at the bottom of the ticket 'A public interface requiring no identification is available at the following url
Not available. Ticket was not created from public interface.’ is still in place. Not sure if I’m missing a step somewhere?

Have you checked the setting in ticket module for usage of Public interface?

Yes… Public interface is activated. All works OK if ticket is created from a public interface. Just won’t work (even after sending suggested email) if created internally.

I checked again. In the ticket there is this field: “Public Tracking ID”
Please build your own URL by hand for a test:
https://Your Dolibarr base-URL/public/ticket/view.php?track_id= Public Tracking ID
If you can make this work, you can build an URL for a template containing a variable replacing string: “TICKET_TRACKID”.
The basic funtionality is that there is no public link, but there is a (technical) workaround if needed.
Hope you can use this.

Thank you for your answer. I’ve only just managed to take another look. You are (of course) correct. Is there a way however, that I can provide the Public Tracking ID in the email that is sent to my customer? It is there at the end of the URL for them to click on, but it is not obvious that it is a tracking ID that they need to use to login.