Dalibarr and its history / roadmap

Hi

We are looking at which ERP to work with, am willing to push money in to the ecosystem we choose (and publish plug ins for others to use), this has been a VERY interesting learning curve the past 3 weeks so it raises a few questions (from my observations).

All ERP systems will do a similar job, so generally will look the same, we wanted to be able to host it inside our firewall which limited the choice alot, however we noticed something so wanted to get others views.

We tested Flectra, which appears to be now a dropped project (no real updates), we then found out, that was pulled from odoo (an older version)…

odoo, which was openERP, they appears to have upgraded there interface a lot, however appear to have turned in to a HUGE money / cash crab system (to the point of not able to get the system to work until a huge amount of money is paid).

Then i land here, which appears to be real similar to odoo / flectra in its layout, however is PHP (which is really a preferred route as i like the PHP on top of Apache design)… the learning curve is a little steep, but the system appears to work as many use it, so what was the background to Dolibarr, i assume it was written from the ground up? is there a roadmap to the product (although open source, i notice they do have donations).

Many Thanks

Hello and thanks for this post.
Welcome to the Dolibarr world !
I am not the better person to answer your questions, although my company is Dolibarr Preferred Partner for years, but i saw that your post did not have any answer after 6 days, so here am i :wink:
@eldy who is the project leader would give you more details but i will try :

• yes Dolibarr was written from nothing
  • no there is no official roadmap (lot of good reasons).

You will find more informations by searching on this forum or the french one (more important community) for the keyword roadmap for instance, or by looking the wikipedia dolibarr card, the wiki.dolibarr.org and of course the official website.

Best regards