Does Dolibarr stock management support FIFO and barscanner?

I am thinking of using Dolibarr for a client as a WMS. Not sure if the stock management part of Dolibarr is strong enough for this. Minimum requirements from the customer are:

FIFO
Bar scanner support
Register production date on specific item of stock group (and locate this specific item).

Can Dolibarr handle these requirements?

Regards, Lars.

Hello

Bar scanner support

• meaning using a barcode handheld scanner? Yes.

Register production date on specific item of stock group (and locate this specific item).

• I don’t use this feature, but I think (built-in core) Products/Lots module may do the job.

FIFO

• I dont know what that is sorry

Also, play around with the demo. Direct link to the shared demo

FIFO is a term used in many areas - meaning First I First Out.

If you are stocking goods that expires, you want to first pick the item that was stocked first in a group.

1 Like

Hi, with batch management option in core project, you have the limit date to be entered at reception phase. So we have the means to propose a FIFO management.

FIFO management is mainly a method to be respected at the picking operation, when the operator prepares the order to deliver. FIFO proposals does not exists in core project mainly because the picking operation is not done on a PC but is done with a barcode “terminal” (not a dummy scanner linked to a PC with a always too short wire or poor ergonomy with BT, but a smartphone with a scanner embedded).

Now you can imagine the operator be proposed by his terminal in the picking phase, the older product batch to pick, in order to respect the FIFO method.

We develop on purpose mobile softwares on special barcode Android terminals or common market smartphones, cheeper but with lower scan via photo, or common tablets, or tablets with integrated scanner, linked with Dolibarr instances (that we can host if needed). We have the experience of thoses developements for ten years and already done some of those on Dolibarr see our mobile scan softwares for Dolibarr wallet on our website dedicated page :

Well this client has trucks with scanning devices on the trucks which is basically rugged PC’s, so I am looking for a solution where FIFO is supported natively in core.

Regards, Lars.