By doing tests in all directions with our favorite software, I found the installation/update procedure very time consuming:
- Download the archive on SourceForge or github
- Unzip everything on your PC
- Send via FTP (due to the number of files it took some time)
- Launch the update
I started making a PHP script that allows you to do all these operations for you!
The only thing to do is to download the script and send it to your htdocs folder.
Then run the script with your web browser.
It will do:
- detect your language (English or French only for the moment)
- to make some checks on your hosting
- Get the list of Dolibarr versions available on SourceForge or Github developer.
- Download the archive
- Unzip it all
- Redirect on Dolibarr installation script.
It is for the moment in Beta, so use it preferably on a test environment
The script is available here (right click -> Save as): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ksar-ksar/doli_install/master/doli_install.php