DOLIBARR 7.0.1 UPGRADE TO dolibarr 16 on PHP8/8.1

hi dolibarr team,

i have used dolibarr for years and i have dolibarr 7.0.1 working happily on php7.4 but i need to upgrade to php8 or ideally php8.1. i spent 5 hours trying every permutation possible and i can’t upgrade dolibarr 7.01. i tried upgrade to dolibar 16, 12, 10 , 8 and 7.0.2 and none produce an upgrade path. i do get to that install screen but i can only see “7.0.1 → upgrade to 7.0.1” at the bottom of the list. none of the upgrades work, i even tried upgrading to dolibarr 4, 5, 6 to see what would happen. they all produce mysql errors, often for mysql table keys.

i install dolibarr 16 as a fresh install and i just see hundreds of new pages and button that i don’t see on dolibarr 7. i don’t know where to start with dolibarr 16 and i can’t import current data anyway - the only “import” is for a dolibarr-16 backup not a dolibarr 7 backup. any suggestions dolibarr team? :slight_smile: any suggestions would be welcome.

dolibarr16-newbie.

Hello,

Means that you do not put the new version files on the right place.
You need to overwrite V7 PHP files by V16 PHP files

thanks for your suggestion, but i did put the new files in place: dolibar 16, 12, 10, 8 . i tried them all. i got it up to dlibar 16 though - i ran the install/repair.php files with the command lines Troubleshooting - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki and that somehow the cleaned up the database and then i got it upgrade from 7 to 8, 8 to 9… etc etc all the way to 16. i still have some error_log errors but not much i can do about them. thanks

Hello,

Good !

You can share the log if you want to have tips how to remove them.