Dolibarr freeze period for v12

Hi Dolibarr developers.

It’s April. It’s time to freeze the code of Dolibarr to start the beta of v12.

As usual, the branch v12 will not be created immediately but when code will look enough stable for that. New features are no more welcome as PR, but Bug fixes PR are !

As usual, development on hidden features, modules with status experimental or development, and development that was started before the freeze but not yet completely finished can be continued (for example development on BOM and Manufacturing Orders modules).

There is already exiting new features that you can test like:

• The new module Manufacturing Order
  • A new page to present modules
  • A better visibility for the bookmarks with dynamic search
  • A “replace into” feature for website module. A multilanguage management in website module.
  • A new graphic engine so you can hide or show a serie of data.
  • A lot of new options in TakePOS module

ChangeLog is not yet generated (More than 1 hundred of enhancements will be available), but developers of modules can already have a look at ChangeLog file to find all the changes that may affect their modules compatibility…

Release of Dolibarr v12 is planned for begin of June so we have 2 monthes to fix all bugs.

And we need you for that…

1 Like

Hello @eldy, where is the ChangeLog.md please ? i dont find it on github. Thanks

Dear Eldy,

Nice to know all these. Enjoying using the Dolibarr.

Regards,
Qainan Idris.

There is no .md extension. So file is in fact ChangeLog
This is direct link:
https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/blob/develop/ChangeLog

1 Like

Hi! Will we be able to do CRM online editing with this version?
Regards,
Julien

What do you mean with “CRM online editing” ?

Le sam. 18 avr. 2020 à 21:15, juliengarrigue via Dolibarr international forum noreply-org@dolibarr.org a écrit :

Sorry, I made a mistake, I meant CMS online editing

No, sorry, the online editing mode for website module is still not yet available.

Hello @eldy, there was a quite good question on the french forum here : Période de gel du code Dolibarr pour la v12 - Développer avec Dolibarr - Forum Dolibarr france

The underlying question is : how to test v12 to detect bugs (before fixing them) ?
I guess we have to clone or download develop branch from github but it is not clear in your announce for people who are not developers ?

The branch v12 has been created.
So for your fixes, please submit them into “v12” branch instead of “develop”

Dear eldy,
I create a translation issue,

However I don’t know how to tell the core-team about that.
So I come here to post this.

Thanks @simicar for answering me to write to Eldy.

Thank you very much~~

Thanks for warning. I fixed in transifex the % into %
Also i added a phpunit test to throw an error if we got such bad char into language files to prevent to have bad language into a release.