I used to run Dolibarr on my old computer, but unfortunately, it crashed. However, I managed to retrieve the Dolibarr files and now I’m trying to run it on another computer.
Server Environment Details:
MariaDB version: 10.6.5
Apache version: 2.4.51
Pre-Operating System: windows 10
New-Operating System: windows 11
The error I’m encountering is:
“Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2002): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\dolibarr\www\dolibarr\htdocs\core\db\mysqli.class.php on line 239”.
I haven’t made any changes to the connection settings in the conf.php file, but I can’t seem to establish a connection to MariaDB (MySQL). I’ve been trying for the last three days, but no luck so far.
Could anyone help me with this issue? I’m not very knowledgeable about this, so it’s possible that I made a mistake somewhere. If I could connect to MariaDB, I would at least be able to take a backup of my data.
Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
DID you move the database files over to the new computer and are you using the same version of Dolibarr on the new computer it must be the same version to access the database as well
Do you have a proper Dolibarr backup, especially the MYSQL Dump or only the files ?
What have you done so far ?
Yes. Program and services’s are versions same.
I have old dolibarr files. I dont have any backup methods.
- I started apache service
- I started Mysql service
- I am trying to access MySQL server but I couldnt.
- I got Dolibarr account information in Conf.php.
- I am trying this command “Mysql -u dolibarrmysql -p” but answer is “access denied”.
So you in your new computer, how do you have Apache services and MySQL services ? You have re-installed doliwamp ?
If you have no real backup of Dolibarr, only the files try :
- Reinstall the exact same version of Doliwamp on your new PC
- Stop apache and mysql services
- Erase the newly install dolibarr folder with the old files comming from your crashed PC.
- Pray more
- Restart Apache and Mysql services.
If it worked => DO IMMIDIATELY A PROPER BACKUP : Backups - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki
If not… then… no luck and you need to restart from scratch.
Thanks for every thing. i got it with your referring. And successed
- Prayed a lot.
- I removed apache and mysql services in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- I restarted computer and I created new services in dolibar. " c:\dolibarr\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x.\bin\mysql --install" and “c:\dolibarr\bin\apache\apache.x.\bin\apache -k -install”. I made it in cmd with adminastor. and started service. Its DONE. hahaha it’s very simple but I tried this command before in cmd without filepath. Because i thought “Hey I’m in mysql folder. Why am I typing this filepath again??” File path is very important.
Sorry i stole your time.
Thank you for your advice and help