Dolibarr redirecting to install/index.php

All of a sudden, my Dolibarr 12.0.4 instance is acting weired. It is redirecting to install/index.php automatically no matter which URL I try to go to.
What could be the problem?

Hi,

Dolibarr do that if it detects that the database version doesn’t match the program version.

1 Like

But I was using the same and there were no changes made. How can I diagnose this?

Hi guy!
Maybe you should check the file “install.lock” in: “\documents” is exists. Full path: dolibarr\documents\install.lock.
Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you print screen the install/index.php page ?

You should have something like :
Last update version: 12.0.4 - Software version: 12.0.4

The last update version is the value of the MAIN_VERSION_LAST_UPGRADE constant on the llx_const table
And the Software version is written on a PHP file.

If you have a mismatch, Dolibarr is requesting you to do the upgrade.

1 Like

It’s the first thing I checked. It’s there.

Hi,

Most probable root cause is that conf.php is not readable (User Rights ?) or do not exist

3 Likes

It exists and permission is also granted. I restored the instance to a previous backup and is working now.

This was my problem: a couple of days ago i had setted chmod 700 to change permissions to the file conf/conf.php

But this was too much restrictive and then the apache user were not able to read the content of that file and then it redirected to me always to the install page.

The problem was fixed using this permissions:

chmod 644 htdocs/conf/conf.php

I hope this help someone.

@ksar maybe it would be a good idea that Dolibarr was “more smart” and would check if at least exists the file conf/conf.php and instead to redirect the user to install page it would alert about “not redeable file” ? Sincerely, i’ve wasted 2 hours of my life until find the cause of my error… running try & error, searching on forum, etc…

I means, this is a silly error to an expert/usual Dolibarr installer, but can be desperating to people who only install a Dolibarr once per year, or only once…

(i think that you are an active developer of the Dolibarr core team, aren’t you?)