Dollibarr Installation on hosted server

Hi,

I am trying to install Dollibarr on my hosting server with Dreamhost.

Followed the instructions from: Dolibarr ERP - CRM - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

Here is what I get when I go to the page: erp.indigobangladesh.com/install

Prerequisites check

![Ok] PHP Version 7.4.20 ([More information]
![Ok]This PHP supports variables POST and GET.
![Ok]This PHP supports sessions.
![Ok]This PHP supports GD functions.
![Ok]This PHP supports Curl functions.
![Ok]This PHP supports Calendar functions.
![Ok]This PHP supports UTF8 functions.
![Ok]This PHP supports Intl functions.
![Ok]This PHP supports ZIP functions.
![Ok]Your PHP max session memory is set to 256M . This should be enough.
![Ok]Configuration file htdocs/conf/conf.php exists.
![Ok]Configuration file htdocs/conf/conf.php is writable.

On the next page: choose the option for ā€œcreate Data Baseā€ and superuser.

Then here is what I have got. ā€”

"Connect to database fails. Check database server is running (for example, with mysql/mariadb, you can launch it from command line with ā€˜sudo service mysql startā€™).

The database connection failed: the host or super user parameters must be wrong.

Go back and check/correct the parameters."

How to solve.

Hi,

you need to check and correct the credentials for the database. If you do not have the credentials for a superuser who is allowed to crate a new database and users (depends on the hosting), you probably need to create a database and a database user via the UI of the hosting provider and then enter the respective data in the config screen.

Hi priojik,
See my earlier post:

I am seeing this same exact problem with a fresh new install of Ubuntu 20.04 using the latest deb package at Dolibarr ERP - CRM - Browse /Dolibarr installer for Debian-Ubuntu (DoliDeb)/14.0.5 at SourceForge.net. I have tried this twice with the same results.

I used the instructions given at Dolibarr for Ubuntu or Debian - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki, which says, ā€œIn a few seconds, after installing this package, you are able to work on Dolibarr, even if you donā€™t have already a web server or if you donā€™t know what is Apache/Lighttpd, Mysql or PHP. Everything is installed for you.ā€ So, I assume the database and all are already installed.

As instructed during the ā€œDolibarr install or upgrade - Configuration fileā€ install step, I enter only a password for the ā€œUser account for the Dolibarr database ownerā€. Then, I get this same database connection failure:

I try the suggestion given, which is ā€œsudo service mysql startā€. Thatā€™s when I find out there is no MySQL database daemon running. I am a sysadmin, so I also try to connect to the MySQL server with the MySQL client and there is no server socket available:

sudo service mysql start
Failed to start mysql.service: Unit mysql.service not found.
sudo mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Looking at the installation log I donā€™t see any database packages installed. I see that the mysql-common, libmysqlclient21, mariadb-client, mariadb-client-10.3, mariadb-client-core-10.3, mariadb-common packages are all installed, but no mysql-server nor mariadb-server. Why wouldnā€™t the database packages be a dependency for Dollibarr? Can someone help? Do I just need to install MySQL before Dollibarr? Iā€™m a new user to the forum, so I canā€™t post or upload the installation log. Sorry.

I see this in the dolibarr_14.0.5-4_all.deb ā€œcontrolā€ file. Where do the ā€œRecommendsā€ come in? Should I just manually install those since they didnā€™t get installed as ā€œDependsā€?:

Depends: libapache2-mod-php5 | libapache2-mod-php5filter | php5-cgi | php5-fpm | php5 | libapache2-mod-php | libapache2-mod-phpfilter | php-cgi | php-fpm | php, php5-cli | php-cli, php5-mysql | php5-mysqli | php-mysql | php-mysqli, php5-curl | php-curl, php5-gd | php-gd, php5-ldap | php-gd, php5-zip | php-zip, php-pear, php-mail-mime, xdg-utils, mariadb-client | virtual-mysql-client, debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0
Recommends: apache2 | lighttpd | httpd, mariadb-server | virtual-mysql-server, php-xml, php-mbstring, php-intl

I dont know if this helps butā€¦

On my Ubuntu 20.04/Apache vps, I installed the mysql firstā€¦ then apache for the dolibarrā€¦ then upload latest version from github (tags section)ā€¦ then run dolibarr installer

1 Like

Yes, that helped. I also had some problems getting the installation script to work. I had to create the Dolibarr user and grant it full permissions to the Dolibarr database manually. The install script was having trouble using my root mysql user to do that. Now, I am finally up and running. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. I instaled Dolibarr with Softacoulous installer on my hosting and all works ok but Tickets are geting error. How to solve this? All was automatic but not all works ok. Can somebody help me?

Hello,

Softaculous has a problem with the dolibarr package.
Its remove the /install/ folder
Then when you activate modules, the tables are not created.

According to Softaculous team :

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

we have made the required changes and launched the new package
Login to your server as root and execute the Softaculous cron on your server based on your control panel from the following link to get the updated package
Immediate Synchronize with Softaculous Servers

If you do not wish to run the cron command you can wait for 24 hours so that the package will be automatically updated on your server.

If you still face the issue, please let us know

So try the update, then deactivate, then activate the ticket module
It should create the missing database tables.

1 Like

Thank you. Now works great.

1 Like