Double-entry accounting: End-of-year bookclosing of actives and passives

I am using the double entry accounting module, and need to bring all actives and passives to zero on 31st December by creating transactions against 9101 (closing balance) and creating corresponding transactions on the following 1st January against 9100 (opening balance). Two questions:

• I thought this was standard accounting practice, but don’t see any way to do this automatically in Dolibarr, nor any discussions in the forums of adding such functionality. Was this really never considered?

• In previous years, I have created the transactions by hand by clicking on the ‘plus’ sign in the General Ledger page. If I remember correctly, I could directly enter a number of lines indicating the accounts and amounts involved. In Dolibarr 17.0.1 (upgraded today), I am now asked to enter a number of an accounting document. But I don’t see any way to create such accounting document. How is this done? How can I achieve now what I’ve done in previous years?

Is there no kind soul out there with ideas on any of the two questions I asked back in May?