eCommerce Solution

I was trying to implement, in-house solution for eCommerce, only one that is workable in-house eCommerce solution, Kon-a-Kart which is very reliable and stable it is very compatible with microsoft SQL and works with dynamic IP, Simultenously linking-up straingth-thru with Dolibarr ERP systen, there is no way of connecting between dolibarr Accounting into Kon-a-Kart ecommerce, for these main reasons.

1. Accounting CODE
  2. Linking the Dolibarr system into Third Parties is difficult.
  3. both of these software has it’s very powerful multi-currency system but you cannot link these features together.
  4. hmm, none of those such as Prestashop or that adobe Magento 2, whilst these ecommerce is hard to make in-house Magento run only linux and about the Accounting CODE it is so hard.
  5. Kon-a-Kart is a Java based software whilst Dolibarr is a PHP based system.

So far, the only Open Source software that has built-in eCommerce is Apache OfBiz it is a Java based software. hmmmm, it has it’s own features but it is not very flexible in terms of multicurrency. Not very good in terms of enterface. It does not support mobile device unlike Dolibarr ERP and it is not advisable for small business.

Yeah, I tried to implement that iDempeire too, but still it is not so close to Dolibarr ERP but then again you can run iDempeire with Oracle, oh yeah! database is very important. I would say MSSQL and Oracle very Strong and so fast online. Yeah, mySQL or MariaSQL huh! No choice at all.

Yeah, Why in-house eCommerce (yeah maintenance issue)? well, How can you share your eCommerce data on the Cloud? Not only it is very expesive to do, But also not so good because You put your customers faith hang in balance. Of course all of my Dolibarr implementation were in-House.

ahhh! I would say stick to Dolibarr!, does anyone of you knows When will be the eCommerce for Dolibarr will be Release? They said First quarter 2022, I do appreciate for all of your answer.

Thanks.

As a long-time user of Zen Cart (php/mySQL), I have always planned to implement Dolibarr and then link the two, but have never got around to it.
For us, the ecommerce aspect is just another sales channel, same as the phone and email, so no linking of accounts, just simple pushing of stock info from ERP to online shop and pushing orders in from shop to ERP.
I think an ecommerce solution and ERP are different animals with different needs and keeping them apart is not such a problem. Trying to add such a big chunk of functionality into Dolibarr I see as yet another load of the typical running-before-walking that Dolibarr development follows…loads of unresolved issues with current but they still continually add in more new things/problems, with too few developers to resolve them.
Better to let another project do the ecommerce with their developers, there are too few here.

1 Like

Thank you., Same here with me. (mine is Kon A Kart), But does dolibarr will release the eCommerce first half of 2022?