Enter VAT/GST amount manually

Is it possible to enter GST/VAT amount manually (not a percentage)?
I have imported goods and our customs has applied GST at the border. This amount has become more than the actual amount (10% of the value) due to exchange rates. So, I need to be able to enter the dollar value and have it appear in the ‘Report per month’ summary. I’d love to be able to enter this on the invoice from the freight forwarder as a dollar amount not a percentage.

Maybe you could define a special Service “Import Taxes” with the tax account as the associated acounting account and use it as a position on the supplier invoice? The individual taxes of the other products must then be set to 0 to not count them twice.

From an accounting perspective, I am not quite sure, if additional measures have to be taken. If the difference is just related to exchange rates, these would also affect the net value of the imported goods, so the tax value should still be the same percentage.

Thank you, I’ve tried your suggestion but this does not work. Despite allocating the service to the correct accounting account in the chart of accounts, it does not appear in the VAT/GST summary.
There must be something quite unique in the way these taxes are handled.

1 Like

Hi, im facing the same problem. Did you find a solution for it?