Expanse report Thumb issue

Expanse report thumbnail image issue:
What I have experienced the thumbnail image is visible in Draft mode. (please see the attached image)
after validation the thumbnail image is not visible. It seems the thumbnail is pointing to wrong file location. (please see the attached image with file path).
Note: The same images are visible under the “Linked files”
kindly make the correction

I tested with 15.0.3, i can’t reproduce. Can you try to upgrade to 15.0.3 ?

I am now in 16.0.2 (I am keeping a copy of lower version 15.0 in another hosting for testing purpose) this issue is continuing from 15.x.x and 16.x.x. Please see the attached screenshot taken from V16.0.2, It seems the Thumb image file path is wrong, so that we could not get to show the thumb image. even after validation of the expanse report the system assigns draft mode file path for the thumb image:
https://sbi.milkdata.in/document.php?modulepart=expensereport&attachment=0&file=(PROV532)/Benny.jpeg&&entity=1
please analyse this link (this is link of thumb image).
So after validation stage of the expanse report the correct link of uploaded image has to be fixed.
Note: The thumb image may be visible for the user who created the expanse report. It is not visible to other users (like expanse authorizing user). Please test the issue as a different user.

Does this expense report was created AFTER migration to 16.0 ?
If problem was visible on old version, it will remains on new version.
Try to create a new expense report to check if problem remains on a new expense report

Creation of expanse report is day to day routine work in our company, Our accounting staff will create expanse report every day (daily expanses). Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.
It worked fine upto V14.0, we lost this beautiful feature after upgrade to V15.0
(I have been using Dolibarr from V12.0)

The Expanse report Thumb issue:
I have tested this issue with a fresh installation of V17 Beta and It works fine.
After migration from 16.0 to 17 beta the thumb is not visible…
Please help me whether something wrong in the database??

The thumbs is not stored into database but on disk into files
documents/expensereport/REFofExpenseReport/thumbs/xxx_mini.jpg
and
documents/expensereport/REFofExpenseReport/thumbs/xxx_small.jpg
Do you have such files ?

Yes, It is available!
after validation of expanse report the file path become wrong path (for thumb image).
It should be like you wrote (documents/expensereport/REFofExpenseReport/thumbs/xxx_small.jpg)
But
when we move the cursor over the thumb the hyper link shows as follows
file=(PROV569)/XXX.jpg (please see the attached screenshot)

NO ISSUE FOUND IN FRESH INSTALLATION
issue found in only migration from lower to higher version

I am not sure the pb is on instance that was migrated. But on expense started to be created before the migration.
If you create a new expense report on a version 17 after migration from v16. Do you experience trouble ? The expense report must be started in draft mode after the migration.

I am experiencing this issue after migrating from V14.to V15 and also continuing in V16 too. (Last one year) I don’t have this issue in V 14. The expanse report was started & created after migration of higher version (stated from draft) only. (Not standard in earlier versions)For testing purpose I had a fresh installation of V17, in this test instance there is no problem found. I conclude something went wrong at the time of migration (database migration). I am happy do more test if needed

I observed the following warning (please refer the screenshot) while creating expanse report (V17-Beta-Test). at the time of scanned copy of bill (jpeg) uploaded. Is it related to this issue?

Further tested in both V16.0 and V17.0-beta, It seems the problem occurred at the time of Expanse report creation and the problem disappeared when we edit the validated Expanse report. (Back to Draft mode—>Edit & Save all the line—>Validate and submit for approval) all thumb image are now visible (like V14.0). I observed system works in Edit mode and not works in Create Mode.
Hope you understood, if you need more information like screenshot or screen record I am happy to provide. Thanks Merry Christmas

Any help on this issue?
Thumb image is visible only once again Edit & Save the validated expanse report. thumb not visible at first time validation… filled to add correct file path of the thumb image, after edit & save same expanse report the file path added correctly and thumb is visible

Good news!!!
Expanse report thumb image appearance issue has been fixed in V18.0.3 (Which is very nice future)
Which was missing in from V15 now working in 18.0.3
well done!!!