FCKeditor wrong encoding

Hey all,
I’m just trying to solve a problem regarding the FCKEditor.
This saves German umlauts etc. wrong in the MySQL database.
Example: is from ö ä ü "& o u m l & a u m l & u u m l " etc.
I have tried in the database already the character set for the table with UTF-8 and latin_1. The result remains the same. If the FCKEditor is turned off, the characters are displayed correctly.
I find in the module of the FCKEditor no possibility to set the character set.
Do I oversee something? In the FPDF scripts, you can try to regulate it with: convToOutputCharset, but it does not work, even if the character set is changed in the script. It is also unclean.

Is there a way to pass the characters right into the MySQL database?

What do you mean when you say “This saves German umlauts etc. wrong in the MySQL database.”
When ckeditor is enabled, the special char are html entity encoded into the database. So ü should be stored Ü

Don’t you have this ?

1 Like

sorry for my bad English,
This is not what I mean. I have attached Schreenshots.
The problem occurs with all HTML fields. This makes a search in the database impossible. The FCKeditor I need however for the E-Mai dispatch.

Pièces jointes :

Hi, i have the same strange behaiviour here.

When creating a new Customer Order (Commande) the data in the “xxx_commande” Table public_note is saved encoded, ä => ä which will generate errors creating the odt file.
when editing the field (note_private or note_public) the encoding in the database is correct, so the umlauts are saved as äöü.
Does anybody have the same error?

Seems i have stumbled over the same error on my dolibarr installations and and made a new thread for this as i did not find this first, is there anybody that can help with this issue?

Hello,
I also begun to have this problem since I upgraded to V13, upgrading further up to version 14.01 does not solve the problem (Dolibarr installation on wamp on windows 10, worked just fine until I upgraded to V13, did not ry to install in other servers, but I read that others had same problem…).

I found several complaints about this same error in other websites, e.g. here:

the output of many accented and special characters and breaks in odt documents is alike this:
l'!"£$%&èé*+çòàù§°.;l'ì^=)(/&%$£"

Unfortunately I did not find a solution, only a dirty workaround to just remove the html tags

What should be checked and done to have FCKeditor back working right?
Is Dolibarr.org going to fix this new bug?

Thank you

As for now you can use the fck editor but you HAVE to deaktivate it for the documents like invoices.

For now it is working for E-Mails and all other things except any documents you get created as pdf over the php script or from odt-templates. The Problem that fcke still produces plain html font code maybe another issue if you look in the sql tables.

With this setup you are able to create nice looking e-mails or e-mail-campaigns and still use the documents without the html tags.

Hi Vexus, thank you for the information and explication
Pity, I hope this will be fixed one way or the other…
Thank you