Getting a blank screen when adding item to order

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or a problem on my server side, however I did log a support ticket with my host and they say they checked everything and that its probably a corrupt file on the content side.

When ever I enter new items on an order, after hitting the “add” button, i get a blank screen instead of being returned to the order page. This also happens on invoices and when trying to make a payment.

This has happened before. The last time however it was solved when I updated to 9.01. I see there is a 9.02 update and hoping that it will solve the problem again. However, it’s not yet available on my cpanel (Installatron).

Is there any possible solution (other than install an update). My apologies if this is already dealt with in another thread. I’ve been searching the whole day and havent found anything. Pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.

take backup of your dolibarr folder and database

try on localhost before you do the following on live server.

delete folder and database
create database again and import from backup
create and copy folder back
proceed with installation again.

NOTE - TRY ON LOCALSERVER, IF PROBLEM SOLVED THEN DO THE SAME ON LIVE SERVER.

There should be an php error log somewhere that details the error triggered by the code that is causing the form submission to crash the page. You should find and investigate this before doing anything else. These other “solutions” are not solutions at all.

If all was working and “suddenly” it is not, and you have not made any code changes it EXTREMELY likely that the host has done some php or mysql/maria database or apache upgrade without notification and that is the root cause. They always deny it and when they confess, they still blame it on your code being old, which is true…some change will be required but you NEED the php error log: demand it.

Sorry to have caused offence.

Since you have so much experience, I really should not need to explain to you that you do not do upgrades on a production server without first proving them on a development server, in the hope they fix an unknown problem.
Given that this forum and Github has plenty of posts about failed upgrades problems post-upgrade, that sounds like a sure way to be forced to look through lots of code.
As you should know, a php error log will pinpoint the file and describe the error, no need to look through 1000s of files.

Installations from Cpanel are fine for an easy INITIAL install, to try out software, and upgrades MAY work ff you never, ever modify anything from standard, but I would never trust automated tools with my business-critical applications.

Currently the OP has ONE problem in ONE file out of 1000s that were working fine. You are recommending an upgrade and so introduce a whole new set of files.

“Diving into troubleshooting PHP or Apache code or “demanding” my hosting company release information to me.”
You mean asking for readily-available information and subsequently making a reasoned decision based on that information,
much better to “dive” into the totally unknown results of an upgrade and then troubleshoot the php and the database?

If the op posts back that his problem is fixed with an upgrade, that is great for him.
But it is not a solution without investigating the problem first and trying the upgrade elsewhere first.