Handling lost goods (warehouse module)

Hi
I have 20 different products that have been stolen/lost.
How would I best go about handling that?
I need the total sum of the products for my accounting, so I guess the best way forward is creating a new warehouse and move all the stolen products there.
Then total the sum of the products there and account it as lost.
Then inactivate/delete the warehouse and hopefully all the products in it will no longer be counted as “in stock”.
WDYT?

I can of course also total the stuff via a SQL query but that seems harder than doing the above.

Create a new warehouse and move in there all the discrepancies so you can run the report of all discrepancies and have someone physically check the stock. If they find the product in pristine condition they can move it back to the main warehouse, if they find the faulty one then move it to the faulty warehouse, if they don’t find the product after investigation then most likely is lost or stolen. To keep a track of all the lost/stolen products you can create another warehouse where you will transfer the products after investigation. By doing that you can then track what products and how many units are being lost/stolen in total over time.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing exactly as you suggest. Unfortunately after “closing” the warehouse the products still appeared as for sale in the drop down list on commercial proposals and orders.
That’s a bug and I just reported it here: Closed warehouse still shows up as quantity in stock in order drop down · Issue #18209 · Dolibarr/dolibarr · GitHub
I printed a saved the list products in the warehouse as a pdf, accounted it manually in the ledger as a loss and deleted the warehouse.