Help with Kit consumption using batch/serial/lot numbered child products

Hi Community, I have a problem.
I am using version 13.02 ( I haven’t learned how to upgrade yet… another issue).
I manufacture products that I need to trace raw material inputs for, so everything uses lot numbers.
When I sell these products, I sell them either as:
Single items (which I can easily ship by lot no). for example “generic product pack of 1”
Packs of multiple single items, which I have created kits for, eg. “generic product 2 pack” = 2x “generic product pack of 1”
When I try to ship the two pack, the stock of two pack returns 0, even when I have 1000 units of the 1 pack.
On the shipments tab it is showing stock available of the child product, but these are not available on the create shipments page.
When I did something else to do with kits (I cannot remember what) , I received an error saying that kits didn’t work with lot numbered child products, which was a bit of a lightbulb moment, so I assume this is the issue, and I’m sure there is a way of fixing this, as traceability works elsewhere.
Is there anything that can be done to fix this? It is driving me crazy :crazy_face:
Thank you for your help, and a really good program.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Thank you.

Hi Luke123,
you are right Kits don’t work with serial no. 2nd Kits work only the other way arround. You can purchase a Kit (parent) and with adding this to your stock the system automatically adds all kit products to your stock (childs). But as you like to deal with serial no this dosen’t work eigther.
My solution for this was adding the single pieces with serial no. and consume those with in a manufacturing order. so as many parts with serial no can be combined to one product with a single serial no.

About the upgrade a of dolibarr - it’s really very easy. Let me know if you need assistance there.
Just moved from 13 - 16 two weeks ago.