How are you using Dolibarr without being able to issue payment reference numbers?

If you submit this as a pull request on github, then it should eventually be included into every Dolibarr installation.

https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/pulls

What about the Crabe model / Invoice PDF template ?

Hi @jonbendtsen
I’ve already added it in my todo list but this code is only for placing an extrafield in a pdf, see here

The actual implementation requires more than that.
A new field should be added to the db and this ref could also be a generated number like an RF number or a combination of customer code + invoice ref for example.
I’ll make a feature request.

Sponge is the newest template with more features I suggest you use it instead of Crabe

Sounds great, I might need it as well in the future.

I just checked, I am using Sponge :slight_smile:

Hey @jonbendtsen, I am not quite sure what you are referring to here.

What I meant was:

1. Adding the payment reference via the public note option is not ideal as it adds the note above the item area. For me (and this is purely a stylistic critique), placing the payment reference number as a line above the item area is not proper as it lacks context; it should either be near to the payment section or the invoice section for the sake of order. This is purely a stylistic critique and not a functional critique, you functionally could do that.

2. Adding the payment reference number via the ‘add free text’ option in the invoice module setup area is also not ideal for the same reason; it lacks overall context being at the foot of the document (separated from the payment and invoice section where you would expect it to be) and instead that area should be reserved for company information (which is a common etiquette).

My critiques are only stylistic though, as functionally you could use both options without issue.

Hi @sonikf ,

Thank you for creating that modification, I will give it a test run and write back with an update and pictures - thanks again.